2010 Chevy Camaro SS vs. 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T vs. 2010 Ford Mustang GT

Chevy Camaro RS @ the Track

[YOUTUBE]55xQLOJl8Tc[/YOUTUBE]

2009 Dodge Challenger SE Performance Test

[YOUTUBE]ar4h-50CkSc[/YOUTUBE]

I watched this:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-uTjaQ6E7g[/YOUTUBE]

I really like all three of them but I'd have the Camaro if I had to pay for it.

As much as I love the new Camaro, I think I may be even more impressed by the latest Mustang.

As much as I love the new Camaro, I think I may be even more impressed by the latest Mustang.

According to Jalopnik, the only people to compare to the G8 to the Camaro so far, they said the G8 was noticeably better to drive. The lighter and more sports-oriented Camaro is worse to drive than the G8 sedan which has similar underpinnings? What happened?

According to Jalopnik, the only people to compare to the G8 to the Camaro so far, they said the G8 was noticeably better to drive. The lighter and more sports-oriented Camaro is worse to drive than the G8 sedan which has similar underpinnings? What happened?

I believe they were talking about the GXP but Jalopnik is really the only one to have said that so far.

I'm impressed with the Mustang. And I want to shoot myself in the face for saying that. But, being a geek, I'm impressed with the level of trim you can get in the 'Stang. The only car of the 3 that has dual-auto-a/c.

That being said, I'd buy the Camaro.

Better to drive in what way? Performance? Comfort?

I'm impressed with the Mustang. And I want to shoot myself in the face for saying that. But, being a geek, I'm impressed with the level of trim you can get in the 'Stang. The only car of the 3 that has dual-auto-a/c.

That being said, I'd buy the Camaro.

Wait until next year when the Mustang gets the 400hp 5L.

Better to drive in what way? Performance? Comfort?

Somehow, all those changes translate into an experience that's no less capable ? in fact the Camaro SS is 11-seconds faster around the famed Nurburgring than the G8 GXP ? but a lot less involving. Where the G8 GXP is all about including you in the driving, requiring and enabling you to aggressively wring the most out of its chassis, the Camaro SS doesn't seek to make the driver a crucial part of its equation. It makes the classic American muscle car mistake of confusing grip ? of which it has plenty ? with handling. Throw the two cars into a second or third gear (oh how we love big V8s) 90-degree bend and the Pontiac will encourage you to explore the limits of the rear tires adhesion using your right foot and communicative steering, the Chevy will push its vague front robbing you of speed. Sure, you can get on the throttle half way around and step the rear out, but not with the same degree of control the Pontiac delivers. The Camaro does bring one huge improvement over its platform-mate: there's virtually no body roll under any circumstances.

They say it's less involving overall.

They say it's less involving overall.

Hmm... sounds more like a matter of opinion. The GXP is the absolute top of the line G8, but the SS isn't suppose to be the top Camaro. For some reason the Z28 will be given that title, should it ever be built, if GM is still alive and kicking that is. I imagine they wanted the Camaro SS to be more civilized to drive every day, while the GXP is more of a driver's car. Should the Z28 ever get released, I imagine it will be far more "involving" to drive. GM seems to be getting right when it comes to their top end performance models lately. The lesser models all tend to get the same complains about pushing in the corners and slightly vague steering input.

Hmm... sounds more like a matter of opinion. The GXP is the absolute top of the line G8, but the SS isn't suppose to be the top Camaro. For some reason the Z28 will be given that title, should it ever be built, if GM is still alive and kicking that is. I imagine they wanted the Camaro SS to be more civilized to drive every day, while the GXP is more of a driver's car. Should the Z28 ever get released, I imagine it will be far more "involving" to drive. GM seems to be getting right when it comes to their top end performance models lately. The lesser models all tend to get the same complains about pushing in the corners and slightly vague steering input.

In the 60s it was the SS that came with the 396, a straight line machine for the most part. The Z/28 had the 302 and seemed to be much more of a handler.

I was just at the auto show and I thought that the Challenger was waaayy too big to be even called a pony car. The materials were cheap in some areas, but not as bad as you expect (though I hated the Chrysler design). The Camaro seemed a bit smaller than the Challenger, which I liked. While the interior design was much more interesting, I did notice that the quality of the plastics were pretty awful. Overall, the two coupes that won my heart over was the 2010 Mustang and the Genesis coupe. I applaud Hyundai for making a cheap modern looking RWD coupe with a wide range of options and specifications. I liked the Ford, mainly because of the smaller size compared to the Camaro and the Challenger, as well as the much improved interior that I actually preferred.

I'd take the Mustang, I think it looks the best and sounds the best (I'm a sucker for the sound of the 4.6), and I really love the way Ford has evolved the Live Rear Axle. It seems like a nice "in-the-middle" split, and it is the lightest of the three which is also a plus in my book.

I'd take the Mustang, I think it looks the best and sounds the best (I'm a sucker for the sound of the 4.6), and I really love the way Ford has evolved the Live Rear Axle. It seems like a nice "in-the-middle" split, and it is the lightest of the three which is also a plus in my book.

I do like that 3 valve sound too, but it's a performance dead end as far as mods go without going Forced Induction, compared to the LSx series in the Camaro which you can get over 600+ horsepower N/A for chump change.

I respectfully disagree vehemently on the looks of the 'stang, as I think it looks like they took a heat gun to a plastic model of the current version and said "There, now let's sell it." They should have gone with the Guigiaro styling imho.