2010 Chinese Grand Prix

One thing that bugs me is the amount of people who don't read up on rule changes, I've hear people bitching about the racing before the S/F line and explained to them that they can race after the first safety car line, they said they hadn't heard about that. The regulations are free to read on the FIA website, I read up on them before the season started and there is no reason why anyone else can't.
To quote Mika Hakkinen

Been spending too much time over at RC, huh? :p

Yes, it is scary there!
And the few people I know in real life who watch F1.

Last edited:
Completely out of context here, but this statement here, I agree with. There are SO many people like this on the atlas boards, and most of them annoy me so much. Not that I have much against age groups, but when their maturity and impatience is inferior to even their age, it really bugs me. They've been following F1 since Lewis came to McLaren and think they know about the sport more than anyone else.

I fully appreciate why so many people dislike Lewis because they have to deal with people like this. Some of the things they say make me want to cringe, and make me want to start disliking the guy, myself, but I'm usually able to hold my cool...

Boy, can they test my patience, though...

I think it's the responsibility of an F1 fan who posts on boards to know what he's talking about. I only started whatching every race in 2006, but half a year later I'd done so much research and found out so much that I knew more than most people already. While I think it is important to support someone (makes races a lot more fun), I think Sunday watchers who just turn on the telly and then think they know everything shouldn't be posting (and they usually don't) for the reasons you said. But the arguments on here between McLaren and Ferrari fans are going to happen no matter where you go or no matter at what level of knowledge.

I think Sunday watchers who just turn on the telly and then think they know everything shouldn't be posting (and they usually don't) for the reasons you said.

Judging from most of the posts on this forum (and various other forums), I'd say that they do.

^ yeah

RBR would of won a normal race

well christian it wasnt a normal race... and you didnt win because you tactics and your pit crew suck. you have perhaps the most hooked up car on the grid, but the rest of the outift isnt to that standard.
Red Bull had everything to loose last sunday. Sadly they did.
But I think they have one of the fastest working pit crew. Both Red Bulls have been among the fastest stoppers IMO.
It does sound like he is making up excuses though. The weather conditions are the same for everyone on the grid.

Last edited:
It does sound like he is making up excuses though. The weather conditions are the same for everyone on the grid.

He is just worried that Red Bull are completely failing to take advantage of their faster car. He saw what happened to Brawn's advantage last year and realises that the same will probably happen. I wouldn't be surprised if Red Bull finished the year as low as 5th in the constructors, behind McLaren, Ferrari, Mercedes and Renault.

Now, how many supported Button before 2009, hmmm? :p
Quite a few actually, as pointed out by other earlier...

I, like many, opened my eyes for him during the 2004 season, when he ended up 3rd in the BAR Honda behind the Ferrari pair (both in a vastly superior car, the Ferrari F2004). After that things went backwards when the BAR team was bought by Honda. Those years in bad cars did a lot to shape him up, and he built quite a lot of character from then, and also got that "underdog" image. And it was that very "underdog" image that created such a sensation when he did so well last year. That said he also had a fairly large fan base back in the UK before the 2009 season.

Much of the reason why he manages to edge out in front of Hamilton this year must be down to his experience. He's been in this game since 2001, for which you could almost call him "an old hand". What's brought him these wins is his smooth driving style and clever strategy calls; The very same thing that brought the experienced Niki Lauda the championship title in 1984 over the younger and faster Alain Prost.

Last edited:
Much of the reason why he manages to edge out in front of Hamilton this year must be down to his experience. He's been in this game since 2001, for which you could almost call him "an old hand". What's brought him these wins is his smooth driving style and clever strategy calls; The very same thing that brought the experienced Niki Lauda the championship title in 1984 over the younger and faster Alain Prost.

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=40574

Its like Alain vs Senna all over again. One the professor, one the guy who takes no prisoners.

This is looking sweet.

Care to shed some light onto this to someone not familiar with pitpass and too lazy to do his own research?

Same here as well. I've also heard that GMM is not reliable as well...

Several reasons, there is one major one but I'm not allowed to reveal it yet.

I've had it with this "w00t i am an insider on another site" shit. Until someone sheds some light on what's going on, i'll look up anything i read on autosport that's worth posting on pitpass and link them.

EDIT: I've also had it with this snakes on this plane.

Last edited:
Pitpass consists of a bunch of wankers, to start.

Anyway, EsPpY, is the Chris Goodwin you speak of the same as the Chris Goodwin I'm thinking of? McLaren road car division test driver? What makes him a loser?

Anyway, EsPpY, is the Chris Goodwin you speak of the same as the Chris Goodwin I'm thinking of? McLaren road car division test driver? What makes him a loser?

EsPpY messed up the names - Pitpass' business editor is one Chris Sylt.

I've had it with this "w00t i am an insider on another site" shit. Until someone sheds some light on what's going on, i'll look up anything i read on autosport that's worth posting on pitpass and link them.

It's a matter of pretty sensitive legal action, that's the main reason why nothing can be said on record until the whole deal is over. (I can explain via PM)

Last edited: