2010 Dodge Ram Power Wagon caught uncovered

Xeonidas

2010-dodge-ram-power-wagon.jpg

2010-power-wagon.jpg

2010-power-wagon.jpg

2010-power-wagon.jpg

2010-power-wagon.jpg

Dodge's entire line of Heavy Duty pickup trucks gets a major refresh for the 2010 model year, and that includes the off-road-ready Power Wagon. The boys at Petersen's 4Wheel & Off-Road Magazine managed to get their mitts on what must be one of the first such trucks off the line, and it'll be taking part in the mag's 4x4 of the Year competition.

In addition to the restyled sheetmetal, the '10 Power Wagon gets a new graphics package that makes the new model impossible to miss. Giant vinyl lettering in contrasting colors takes up residence on the hood, quarter panels and tailgate, and a matching set of stripes showcases the truck's stylized hood and bare flanks.

Buried deep inside the Ram's massive hood and behind that gaping chrome grille sits a Hemi V8 that sends its ponies through locking front and rear differentials. 4.56 rear axle gearing ensures that there's plenty of twisting power to spin the large 33-inch BF Goodrich All-Terrain tires, and an electric sway bar disconnect allows for maximum articulation over the really rough stuff. It's not exactly subtle, but then again it probably fits its target demographic like a glove.

See more images of the 2010 Dodge Ram Power Wagon at Petersen's 4Wheel & Off-Road Magazine.

1. shouldn't it come with a Cummins diesel or something
2. i may be the ignorance talking, but i was kinda expecting a wagon

Oh man, I love powerwagons. So cool.

I like Ram's but I think Ford wins in this category by a huge amount.

edit = even though this obviously isn't built for the high speed stuff like the Raptor.
It's just a better than usual offroad package as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
It's also got rediculous stump pullingly low gearing and a factory winch and factory lockers.

Sure it's not a baja truck, but the power wagon has been around way longer than the raptor and it's basically the ultimate forestry worker's truck.

Yeah, but until it looks like a Power Wagon, it's just not one.

Not digging the decals. And 33"s look small on it. Needs 35" rubber.

But other then that, I love it. Power Wagons are one of the last serious off-roaders. I mean, it even comes with solid axles front and rear! :cool: Only the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon is comparable... and only just barely.

Your doing it wrong.

2010_ford_f150_svt_raptor_image001.jpg

I think that car manufacturers will always put tiny wheels on their big truck,

Land Cruiser V8 31" or maybe smaller
not only the LC, most US pickups have the same tire size as normal cars
which is stupid i know

but about the looks, I like it but I'd like to see a Cummins turbo diesel in there

Last edited:
Yes, the decals are stupid, but I don't care. The fact that it has 4:56 gears and front and rear lockers is awesome.

Well as far as I cant see, it's just a Ram, looks like any other Ram I ever saw, there isnt really anything different to any previous Ram's I saw, its a Pickup, Big, Gasguzzling and I guess it's not as Offroad-ready as you might expected first due its length and its " 33" inch Rims", and I guess its not as well built as you might think.

I quite like the old Power Wagons shown up here, they look like Unimogs. :D

No one said anything about 33" rims, it has 33" tires, mounted on wheels that I agree should be a bit smaller, but that's just personal taste.

Most of you guys are missing the point completley.

This isn't suposed to be like the Raptor at all. Nor is it just any old Ram.

It's suposed to be a rock crawling, stump pulling, work horse.

It has FROM THE FACTORY: Locking front and rear diffs (only other car that has this... Jeep Rubicon) 4.56:1 gearing for super good torque delivery. Factory Mounted winch, so in the unlikey event that you do get stuck, you can pull yourself out. I agree though, it should have 35" tires, not 33s...

Where is the wagon

I wish I had a use for one, I love those trucks. Though the first thing that would go are those hideous decals.