2010 Drivers Thread

MP4/14

I suppose a new thread is plausible as there are new drivers going to be announced soon in the new teams and coming up in the silly season.

Especially if more than the current 3 new teams eventuate if Ferrari and the like dont end up entering.

Who do you think will be racing in the 6 new seats (at the moment)?

Team US F1 to make driver decisions soon
Newly-confirmed Formula One entrants Team US F1 have already started evaluating drivers for 2010 and expect to make a decision soon on their line-up, which could include homegrown American talent.

Team US F1 were one of three new teams confirmed for next season by the FIA on Friday and co-founder Peter Windsor said they would now be pushing ahead with their driver selection process, having already evaluated a number of potential candidates.

"We have got a shortlist of drivers," he told UK F1 broadcasters, the BBC. "We already have had the first of our week of evaluation of young Americans, and there are some very good American drivers out there. We will be making a decision about that soon.?

Windsor admitted he and partner Ken Anderson had been ?humbled? by the FIA?s decision to pick them from among 15 applicants for the three available slots and said it will be ?guns blazing? from now on at their North Carolina base as their prepare for their Grand Prix debut next March.

"I was thinking how small I feel relative to this massive sport and all the talk going on, the big names and the small names," added the former Williams team manager.

"To finally see the name of the team which I am lucky to be involved in on the FIA entry list is quite a humbling moment. I have got a lot of time and history in this sport and this is a very big day for me."

I'd be surprised if Scott Speed wasn't one of the USF1 drivers, and Marco Andretti wouldn't surprise me either on that team, more or less cause of his name.

Last edited:
Dan Gurney :D

edit: wasn't he involved with USF1 or something?

I'd hold off if i were them, wait for the teams to be kicked out and pick up fernando alonso to build you a monster car. Than throw patrick or speed in the number 2 car so you can say you have an american while fernando scores all your points.

^I think Fernando has had enough of "building cars". He wants to be in a winner. Same goes for Lewis.

I would like to see Takuma Sato back. Call me crazy.

Scott Speed hasn't performed well in Nascar either, so i really doubt it. Kyle Busch probably is on the top of their list, maybe Montoya, Jimmy Johnson, could even be Jeff Gordon.

Scott Speed hasn't performed well in Nascar either, so i really doubt it. Kyle Busch probably is on the top of their list, maybe Montoya, Jimmy Johnson, could even be Jeff Gordon.

What makes you think they'd want to leave NASCAR? Those drivers are extremely successful in that series, with the exception of Montoya who I cannot see leaving, where they are well known, and where they don't have to prove themselves. Why would they risk being a flop for a mediocre F1 team? Thats why Speed is more realistic.