2010 Endurance Racing Thread (Le Mans, LMS, AmLMS, AsLMS, whatever)

According to McNish, Audi is not going to Sebring because of their need to develop the car.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YduFKlm8OGo [/YOUTUBE]

well I would say it?s looking dark for the upcoming alms season. there won?t be any works team in the prototype class and even audi won?t join the 2010 12h of sebring. I?m eager to see how many prototypes will race there. don panoz had already last year big difficulties to fill up the starting grid.

^ There will be at least one LMP2 Acura (Highcroft), possibly the Intersport Lola LMP1, at least one Dyson Lola-Mazda, two Peugeots, potentially one Aston Martin Lola and one RS Spyder. Pretty few, though, as most teams got sucked up by Grand-Am, I guess.

Anyway, Jaime Melo and Gianmaria Bruni in the Risi Competizione F430 GT2 in ALMS? MADNESS!!!! That's basically a 99.99999% factory Ferrari GT2 team now. :lol:

Last edited:
@ vikirad you are probably right with the ferrari team, moreover guiseppe risi is originally from italy so he will have his certain contacts to maranello. By the way I?m a model car collector, now where I see the picture of the mercedes clr, does anyone know wether you can buy it as a model in a 1:18 scale???

Aaaah maaaaaaaaaan I so wish I could watch but alas I must get back to studying :(

@vikiradTG2007: Are there any other streams available for the Daytona 24?

Not quite as spectacular as last year's race, but still pretty good.

Some funny quotes:

Richard Westbrook, when asked about stepping in to a team with Sebastien Bordais and Christophe Bouchut in it:
"Yeah, too many Frenchmen in the team".
:lol:

Sascha Maassen, when commenting about some of the close calls on track:
"If a race car driver puts the helmet on, it's like when you close a fridge. So the light goes out, we're just racing, that's it."
:lmao:

A.J. Allmendinger when talking about why he does these races:
"This is the most fun race leading up to it, the beginning is probably the coolest race around.
The middle of it is pretty cool. The 3 to 6 am stint, probably the most dumb idea I've ever had.
And the end of the race not too bad."
:lol:

AMR has announced its racing schedule for 2010, and this schedule contains:
  • one factory car for Sebring and Long Beach
  • one car at Paul Ricard
  • two factory cars at Le Mans
  • selected (though unconfirmed) races after Le Mans

Adrian Fernandez will join the team, while four of the other drivers have also been confirmed: Chris Buncombe, Harold Primat, Stefan Mucke and Darren Turner. One seat yet to be confirmed.

Also, rumours place the starting list for the 1000 km of Spa at a whopping 60 CARS.

Last edited:
Official entry and reserve list for the 24 Heures du Mans 2010 will be published tomorrow. The ACO press conference is at 11:00 CET.

Last edited:
Nurburgring doesn't have live TV coverage from what I know, and RLM take a break during the night. As for Le Mans, same drill as in the previous two years: full race live, split between Eurosport and Eurosport 2, and if you want other commentary, Radio Le Mans.

The Nurburgring has live video on their website. However it goes offline every few hours and then comes on again. You can tune into Radio Le Mans for english commentary. As for the Le Mans, if you're in US or Canada your only choice is SpeedTV if you want live TV coverage.