2010 Endurance Racing Thread (Le Mans, LMS, AmLMS, AsLMS, whatever)

Really, seven classes for 27 cars, including two classes with single entries? That's bordering on ridiculous. I understand the 'experimental' class for the GT3 Hybrid but the single-car FLM field is a bit of a joke...

The list is provisional, a few more entries can be expected. The Panoz will be there as well, and Level 5 will enter one of their LMPC/FLM cars for this race for the boss himself and as-of-yet-unknown co-drivers (and it only takes two cars to make a race in a class).

Fair enough, if they have two cars in FLM it makes quite a bit more sense but a class with a single entry is pretty pointless as far as competition goes.

Still, seven classes with less than four entries each on average is hardly optimal.

That said, all attention is going to be on P1 and GT2 (including the Porsche hybrid) anyway so I guess there's no real downside either...

In other news, today the auctioning-off of the assets of Pescarolo Sport has been done. Three people together acquired the whole lot, including two race-ready chassis and all of the team's trophies: Jo?l Rivi?re of Prestige Racing, Herv? Poulain, and the owner of OAK Racing, Jacques Nicolet.

The best part of the news is: The three of them acquired everything with one sole purpose, which was to get Henri Pescarolo back and rolling as a team manager. Nicolet has been one of Henri's business partners for the last few years, and he made it clear after the end of the auction that it doesn't matter which of the three owns what, the whole thing has been done to help one of the heroes of the Le Mans crowd back into action.

:woot:

Hoping to see those two cars on the start grid at Le Mans next year. In the famous Matra blue. :D

It would be awesome to see Pescarolo properly back in Le Mans, mixing the battle of the petrol cars further.

I'm sure LMS wouldn't mind his presence in LMP1 either...

Apparently Eurosport is going to show a few hours of the race. They have not published their schedules for race day yet, though...

Shame to see P2 reduced to single car class as well, and the Abruzzi not being there (although I'm not at all surprised at the latter).

Sad news from the Rebellion Racing camp: team manager Hugh Hayden passed away last Saturday due to a heart attack while the team was doing some testing for 2011. There is still doubt about where it happened, in Spain somewhere or at Portimao, but that's not what's important. :(

I know I'm reviving a dead thread, but I need help finding RLM's coverage of the LMS Hungaroring race. It doesn't seem to be on the Podcast list. Anyone know where I can listen to it?

Have you tried emailing the RLM crew? I'm sure it's been left out by mistake...

There were several long long connection drop-outs between the track and the studio during the last two hours of the race, so I'm guessing that must have affected senor Tim Gray's live recording back at the studio enough to break it beyond repair.

Congrats to Team Oreca for their win in Sebring as well as the Rahal-Letterman team for their 1-2 finish in GT