2010 F1 Car Launches Thread

RB = Ross Brawn, I imagine.

why not B1? B=Brawn

and it can also refer to the amercan bomber planes, now that would be bad ass.

People were suggesting that the car could be given a W- (or R-) name like the internal model names in the Mercedes-Benz product range. We'll see what's what.

Why does the rear left wheel look misaligned?

It's Americans using "quarter inches" so nothing will ever be aligned properly. :lol:

The fact that they'll be running a transverse gearbox is going to be refreshing considering teams haven't run one in quite some time.

The fact that they'll be running a transverse gearbox is going to be refreshing considering teams haven't run one in quite some time.

Do you not think that there is probably a good reason why teams haven't run one in a long time? They should use wire spoke wheels, it's ages since a team used them.

^ 220-liter tanks of fuel mean different packaging requirements; a transverse 'box is shorter than a longitudinal one, and when packaged and designed properly, it will not interfere with the diffuser airflow.

Even with the larger fuel tank, I imagine the gearbox will still require the rear end to be wider than is needed.
Obviously the car could be shorter, so perhaps USF1 are trying to make a car that is good on the tighter tracks, while sacrificing a bit for the faster tracks.
I seem to remember that the transverse box used to mess up the air flow under the car, hence why all teams abandoned it in the late 90's.

Last edited:
Possibly it messed it up as the size and height of the diffusers grew over the years; right now, with the diffusers restricted in height, some old solutions can be re-examined and found to give a bit of an advantage in terms of packaging etc. etc. etc.

USF1 Type 1 Rendered, Europe Put On Notice - "Comedy CAD incoming"

For those that don't know, when it comes to wings and bodywork in F1 the CAD is all about the surfacing, which are complex polynomial representations of the various compound curved aerodynamic surfaces. It's a very complicated art that pushes CAD technology to it's limits.

USF1 seem to have avoided these problems by not really bothering.

For those that don't know, when it comes to wings and bodywork in F1 the CAD is all about the surfacing, which are complex polynomial representations of the various compound curved aerodynamic surfaces. It's a very complicated art that pushes CAD technology to it's limits.

USF1 seem to have avoided these problems by not really bothering.

I would think of it this way:

Would they actually give details of their real design away ? I doubt it.

I would think of it this way:

Would they actually give details of their real design away ? I doubt it.

In which case 'first rendering of USF1 car' is really 'first doodle some guy in the F1 office did that doesn't look like the actual car'.

In which case 'first rendering of USF1 car' is really 'first doodle some guy in the F1 office did that doesn't look like the actual car'.

Isn't the car reminiscent of some carbon copies ?

I mean, clean sheet design my ass.