2010 F1 Car Launches Thread

VJM03 Launched, Paul DiResta confirmed as third driver.
1265704578.jpg

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/81346
Force India has become the latest team to unveil its 2010 challenger, after releasing images of its new VJM03 on Tuesday morning.

The car features the high nose and the shark-fin engine cover that has become typical of this year's designs.

On the back of the team making big progress in 2009, as it captured its maiden pole position and podium finish, Force India is looking for more success this year.

The new car will be tested for the first time at this week's Jerez test and its design chiefs are confident it will be a match for the machinery that has already been unveiled.

Design director Mark Smith told AUTOSPORT that the Silverstone-based team had seen nothing on its rival cars that had caught it by surprise.

"There's a little bit of variety out there but predominantly we are happy," he said. "You will always see something on each car that makes you think 'that's interesting' but understanding how they work on your car is the key thing.

"We haven't looked at photos and thought 'we've missed something significant' and we're excited to get down to Jerez."

Adrian Sutil and Vitantonio Liuzzi will race for Force India this year, with Paul di Resta installed as reserve and test driver.

The pics won't show for me. I get an error message. :(

EDIT: Oh they're working now just as I was typing my message. The car itself looks pretty good, not a huge revolution from last year, but I didn't expect that of course. But...yuuuuck, shark fin! I really don't like them. :censored:

The only one I'll put up with is the McLaren's because it looks pretty cool. It's not as bad as the Renault's, though. That one just spoils the look of the car, if it wasn't for the awesome colours I'd hate the Renault because of it.

Still hanging out for the RB6! :cool:

Toro rosso's engine cover fin is just ridiculous....

VJM03 looks clean, they say evolutionary and i say thats no bad thing.... they had a pretty decent ride last year that definately punched above its weight. Fisi should of stayed with them

Last edited:
^ Holy smoke! I love Liuzzi's helmet!

I love di Resta's!

The whole Force India livery has always looked bright and happy to me, though. Love the orange and green. :)

looking good!
the front wing is much more impressive than last year's car

^ Holy smoke! I love Liuzzi's helmet!

Previous one was even better imo. pic

New FI has one of the most complicated front wing, maybe it will help with last year's lack of downforce.

And comparison with 09 car:
VJM02_vs_VJM03_przod.jpg

VJM02_vs_VJM03_bok.jpg

It looks much longer.

Last edited:
It really is a grown up version of the '09 car. They kept going with a design that has potential and I like that. Good work.

That looks very, very slow. It's the type of car where you just know it won't be fast. I think I might go and edit my other post now where I said Virgin will be beaten by them...

But who cares if racing green is back? :D

That really isn't a good looking car IMO, quite dissapointed by the livery. I was expecting it to look more classical with the green & yellow theme. And not only did they spoil the looks, that PROTON sign on the back wing isn't very encouraging either.