2010 Ford Fiesta Saloon breaks cover

MOTORLOON1993

The wheels keep turning at Ford. Despite narrowly missing out to the Insignia in this years European Car of the Year, Fords new-look Fiesta is set to be made into a saloon.

Debuting today at the Guangzhou Auto Show in China, the forthcoming Fiesta saloon will be based closely on the Verve concept and go on sale in 2010.

Currently there are no plans for the new Fiesta to go on sale in UK but Ford haven?t ruled it out. The United States and Canada expected to be the saloons major markets. The cars will be manufactured in Thailand and Mexico with a separate production facility in Beijing providing cars for the growing Chinese market.

Ford has also announced it will invest $3 billion in its Cuautitlan, Mexico facility allowing it to raise capacity to 500,000 units annually whilst also creating another 4,500 jobs

Text from Auto Express

That's actually not bad looking, the ass is a little weird but overall pretty refreshing.

The second picture makes it look like a Badger with a hunchback. Why do they make those stupid looking front ends? Ugh...

The second picture makes it look like a Badger with a hunchback. Why do they make those stupid looking front ends? Ugh...

Because the idiot Europeans dictated a mandatory hood height, that's why.

It looks pretty anonymous from the back, but not bad overall. Are there any decent looking sedans in its class right now?

PROTIP: Don't present your new models in freaking beige!!!

Otherwise, I like it, though I like the hatchback a lot more. Certainly better than the rest of the sedans in the class.

What's it up against? I think it's pretty much ugly as old balls.

it looks like Mondeo or such that shrunk in the wash.. and that's a bad thing.

Not really a fan of the sedan, but I'd still take the hatch in a second.

Interesting that these photos are of a car meant for North America, but it's been pretty much unanimously-reported that the Fiesta for NA will integrate a bar-grill where the blue oval is now, with the logo up on the top, near the edge of the hood...wonder if they are changing their mind, or are these renderings?

Compared to the hatch that's really disappointing - the rear is way too bulky & out of proportion, not nice at all.

I think its incredibly ugly when compared to tha hatch. I'd rather have the corolla, but then again, I'm not sure if those two cars are ment to compete with each other. As long as the hatch is also brought over, i'm happy.

Why people even want a saloon these days is beyond me, they're less practical.

How did you work that out? More space for passengers and luggage = less practical?

I think it looks pretty cheap, like Kia cheap. Back looks awful.

How did you work that out? More space for passengers and luggage = less practical?

I think it looks pretty cheap, like Kia cheap. Back looks awful.

Passengers? Maybe, but the luggage area is always less accessible and expandable. Try getting something large into the trunk of a small car, it's really difficult.

I don't get the point of these small Saloons. The hatchback version is much more practical. Remember the old toyota echo sedan?

I guess its a status thing.