2010 Formula 1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

I think Vettel will have the speed to win if he wants. However, since I also think Webber will have the speed for second and Alonso only for third at best, you'd have to expect Vettel to cede to Webber in that circumstance.

So with this twist, I expect Mark to win the championship because Vettel is the fastest, I suppose.

So with this twist, I expect Mark to win the championship because Vettel is the fastest.

I agree with the second half of the statement, because I honestly think that Vettel will refuse to yield to Webber (even if its team orders). So I reckon it's prob Alonso that will win this year's championship, and not Webber.

because I honestly think that Vettel will refuse to yield to Webber (even if its team orders)

Both Horner and Vettel already said that if this will be necessary for Webber to win the championship - Vettel will let him pass.

That's why Alonso will need a drive of his life to win this championship and I think it will be very hard for him.

^ Got a link/source on that? I've been following it closely and neither have explicitly said that would happen. Horner has said it's up to the drivers, Red Bull's official line is that they want the drivers to battle it out and if that means Alonso wins then so be it, and Vettel was being a smarmy git and refused to answer the question.

That said, I think/hope you're right. Surely Vettel wouldn't be that much of a dick that he'd block Webber from the WDC when he knows he can't win it himself, if he was in 1st, Webber 2nd and Alonso 3rd.

So much hate for Vettel on this forum. I have no doubt Vettel will move over for Webber in the event. I'm sure Webber will enjoy being remembered for winning the title because his team mate let him past.

So much hate for Vettel on this forum. I have no doubt Vettel will move over for Webber in the event. I'm sure Webber will enjoy being remembered for winning the title because his team mate let him past.

God help us if Alonso wins by less than 7 points :O :O :O

if vettel needs to let webber past for red bull to win, he should stop 5 meters before the finish line, and wait for webber to cross

that would be funny :lol:

1) Pole and winner?
Vettel, Webber

2) Who will become WDC and how will the standings look after the race (top 4)?
Webber, Alonso, Vettel, Hamilton

3) Will Red Bull lock out the front row again?
Yes

4) Any safety cars or race surprises?
Safety car courtesy of Petrov, not really a surprise.

5) Will the sand cause problems for the track?
Meh, some will complain, but not really

6) Which rookie has impressed you the most in 2010?
Koby

7) Which new team has impressed you the most in 2010?
Lotus due to a good mix of smarts and passion

8) Do you think Red Bull will carry the momentum and still have a dominant car in 2011?
Yes, the regulation changes are not as drastic as some would have you believe and I would say it mostly hinges on kers reliability which I think they will be investing heavily in thanks to championship money.

9) How do you think the new regulations will make the racing better or worse in 2011?
Same

10) Was Red Bull the deserving WCC? If not, who was?
Yes, should have had it earlier in the year though.

^ Got a link/source on that? I've been following it closely and neither have explicitly said that would happen.

After the Brazilian GP Horner said on BBC of course that if on the last lap in Abu Dhabi drivers will need a switch to one of them win this championship they'll do this.

I don't remember when Vettel said that, but I'm sure he did. :)

Like Cold Fusion said. Because of all this hate for Vettel people think he will not do this, but I'm sure he will.
Other question is that will he make it obvious or at least try not to.

1) Pole and winner? Webber for Both
2) Who will become WDC and how will the standings look after the race (top 4)? Webber, Alonso, Vettel, Hamilton
3) Will Red Bull lock out the front row again? probably so, unless Alonso sneaks up to second
4) Any safety cars or race surprises? Two camels in a tiny car?
5) Will the sand cause problems for the track? If it's windy, yeah
6) Which rookie has impressed you the most in 2010? Hulkenberg
7) Which new team has impressed you the most in 2010? Of all the depressive ones, Lotus. Even though they're unreliable.
8) Do you think Red Bull will carry the momentum and still have a dominant car in 2011? Indeed, with whoever they have.
9) How do you think the new regulations will make the racing better or worse in 2011? We'll just have to wait and see.
10) Was Red Bull the deserving WCC? If not, who was? Red Bull all the way. That RB6 is just wonderful.

Hamilton would crash entering the pits so no problem, Alonso would win by default.