2010 Formula 1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

if vettel needs to let webber past for red bull to win, he should stop 5 meters before the finish line, and wait for webber to cross

that would be funny :lol:

:lol: yup

Either way, in terms of pure performance, Vettel is already this year's undisputed champion. So there is a big chance that Vettel might just pull a cheeky move like what you have mentioned above.

if vettel needs to let webber past for red bull to win, he should stop 5 meters before the finish line, and wait for webber to cross

that would be funny :lol:

Except he would probably lose the car and t-bone Webber as he came past...

i was more thinking he would stall his engine when he tries to drive over the line, and gets overtaken by alonso...

I think the BBC commentators were speculating a fine for Hamilton for doing that. The incident is under investigation by the stewards anyway.

I feel thoroughly confused. If Hamilton wins this race, it will probably cause Alonso to win the championship. Talk about a conflict of interests...

No, I just realized there is an 80% chance I will find out the results before I get to see it, damn! I dont get SPEED so I have to wait to download it. However I have an AutoX that morning and you can guarantee the race will be a hot topic at the drivers meeting. Hopefully no one will spoil it, but for some reason I dont hold out hope. I am half tempted to walk around all day with ear plugs in.

Well, Lewis has come out and said that if he cant win he would love to see Webber get it. i think we all know why that is! I agree with stiggington though, a Ham win may HELP eyebrow...i mean alonso. this may be one hell of a race!

Shame it has to end at this desert gin palace rather than wonderful Interlagos, but that'll be sorted next years. I still hope for a race worthy of the rest of this great season.

Word on the Pitwall is Santanderlonso has his engine turned down a bit, and may still for quali as to not blow it, Fezza seems more worried than usual of this.

Considering he does not need to win that may be a smartish strategy if they aren't very confident with the engine.

Ai ai ai......I've been wondering why I don't hang around these parts that much anymore, now I remember why.

What the hell is the matter with you guys ? Your attitude towards some....no, make that majority of the grid is pathetic. The amount of sheer bitterfilled hatred is damn mindblowing. I get why Mark Webber is pretty much a god-figure by now, but every one else is the devil ? Hamilton is the prissy little golden boy, Vettel is an uptight cocky hotshot, Alonso is boring and the ultimate payed-for-his-seat driver, Schumacher is....well he's Michael Schumacher...

And as soon as the fanboy factor is added to the insults I feel like slitting my wrists as I see no hope left for humanity with people with this little sense of dignity and frankly common sense roaming the same green turf that I do. It's one thing being a fan and a supporter of a certain driver and/or team, but it is completely another to blatantly hate and think ill of the opposition in a manner more fitting to the aftermath of an ugly divorce, but not the sporting world. And nnnoooooo I'm definitely not saying you have to "live and let die" but show some god damn respect at least !! I mean take Alonso for instance - the man is a double world champion beating the famed Michael Schumacher on both occasions....if I could only think of someone who gets praised for that very same feat....hmm.....oh this is a tough one, it really is....Furthermore after the dream start to his season, Alonso fell back a little and got heaps of stick coming his way, some even questioning if he was a worthy replacement for the Iceman. Not only did he refuse to let that phase him, he kept at it, having none of the shit coming his way and now he is so close to a third WDC he can almost taste it. Pretty much the definition of greatness is it not ?

And then there is the man himself who, granted isn't exactly the epitome of sportsmanship himself, is still a seven time world champion, the most succesful driver of all time and arguably the best one ever (there is a case to be made for him, even if anyone in their right mind would pick Senna). That should at least earn some respect, a figurative tip of the hat even if you don't like the guy.

There are others as well, like Hamilton who has cleaned up his act of being the annoying daddy's boy and starting to carry himself but more importantly he is by far the ballsiest driver on the grid - something this board should think very highly of after years of continuous bitching about the lack of racing and overtaking.

For fucks sake people, is there anyone you LIKE ?? I honest to god can not comprehend the sort of stuff that goes on here, it is beyond me. I for one like Alonso - I think he is one of the most professional guys out there, he is talented and while his driving lacks the flamboyance of Hamilton and his personality isn't as appealing as R?ikk?nen's, he is still the WDC leader going into the last race in an inferior car. I am getting so sick and tired of this, after every single god damn race where someone other than Webber or perhaps Button does well, you all go apeshit, the only variable is the amount of shit that gets thrown around depending on who the winner is. Honestly people, is this how you are in your personal lives as well ? Hating on just about anyone, bitterly complaining about every possible detail the target of your hate has going against them ? The complete and utter incapability to show at least respect and recognise talent and professionalism where it exists ? Seeing the world as a playing field rather than a war zone ? Is that really so hard to do ? Or am I just boring, that may also be true, as I'd just rather root for my favorite guy and hope to see a god damn good battle between him and the opposition.

Tennis for instance, which I am a huge fan of - I'd much rather see Roger Federer (someone I don't like) win a tournament after an epic 5 set final against Novak Djokovic or Rafael nadal for instance (players who I do like) than to have Nadal or Djokovic win by retirement after 45 minutes of play. Same thing applies here - you are actually wishing for Alonso to crash ? To see Webber walk to an easy championship, assuming Vettel is out of it ? And actually in that same vein, from what I've read this board would go mental if Vettel and Webber fought it out after Alonso's retirement, this would be something worthwhile and of the awesome nature....However Alonso and Webber duking it out in a race of biblical proportions ? Heavens no, we want Alonso to crash and burn !! Because he is the eyebrowman (who apparently is a bit of a ladyman as well) and Webber is a real manly man.

Honestly you guys are almost making me dislike Webber a bit, just because I don't want to be grouped along with fanatical fanboys with zero perspective on things. I would love nothing more than to see the Aussie finally make amends for all his hard work and years of suffering in mediocre cars. However I do not wish a Ferrari engine failure, neither do I laugh when Hamilton makes an error. I am right there with you guys, I support Webber and there are drivers who I don't like all that much, Vettel being one of them as his attitude annoyes the hell out of me. But do I let that cloud my judgement ? Fuck no, I try to see things how they are instead through some mist of fanatical fundamentalism.

I am seriously asking you to explain this to me, why do you do this ? And anyone using the "Oh we are just joking, it's the interwebz, you're dumb and boring and take evertything too seriously" -card I kindly ask you to blow it out your ass. If it would be all for shits and giggles, this would not get so heated every single time, there is a very real element of seriousness here and do not fucking try to tell me otherwise. I honest to god want to know the motivation behind this, what is so godawfuly wrong with each and every driver that they deserve to be burned alive and hung upside down from a tree as a reminder to others ? I am quite sure they didn't bully you in middle school and I am damn sure they didn't sleep with your mother, resulting in the divorce of your parents and a traumatised childhood as a result ? Because those would be things serious enough to warrant the sort of behaviour currently filling this discussion forum. Explain that to me, perhaps there is something I am not seeing, but if there is, it must be really well hidden.

In the mean time I ask you please tone it a down a couple of clicks, okay ? I've been watching this from the sidelines the entire season, but now that things are finally getting interesting my cup has run over with your jackassery. Being a fan is not the same thing as being a fanatical lunatic, try to keep that in mind.