2010 Formula 1 Belgian Grand Prix - Spa Francorchamps

mpicco

Forum Addict
Car(s)
R19
Race Start: Sunday, August 29th, 14:00 GMT
Distance: 44 laps, 308.176 km (191.492 mi)
Lap record: 1:47.263 (Sebastian Vettel, 2009)

https://pic.armedcats.net/t/to/topgearfanatic/2010/08/25/spa-francorchamps-circuit.jpg

Random questions:

1- Who will take pole and who will win?
2- Who will lead the championship after?
3- Will any midfield team take the challenge to the 3 leaders?
4- Will more teams introduce flexible front wings or will the FIA be more careful in their tests and ban them?
5- Anything interesting will happen with the 3 new teams?

(created this thread cos nobody else seemed to, if any question should be added PM me)

Last edited:
Pole: Webber, Win: Alonso

Webber

Nope.

4- Will more teams introduce flexible front wings or will the FIA be more careful in their tests and ban them?
More teams will try to introduce them (especially McLaren).

Nope. But they might not all crash!

1- Who will take pole and who will win? Hamilton and Webber
2- Who will lead the championship after? Webber
3- Will any midfield team take the challenge to the 3 leaders? Renault? Mercedes?
4- Will more teams introduce flexible front wings or will the FIA be more careful in their tests and ban them? They will get away with it since everyone will do anything to stay with the top pack.
5- Anything interesting will happen with the 3 new teams? Nope. Maybe all of them will finish for once.

1- Who will take pole and who will win? Vettel, Webber
3- Will any midfield team take the challenge to the 3 leaders? Force India will be running better than Works Mercedes, I'm sure of it.
4- Will more teams introduce flexible front wings or will the FIA be more careful in their tests and ban them? No
5- Anything interesting will happen with the 3 new teams? Lotus will get both cars into Q2

Yay, my fave circuit! \o/

Vettel for both.

Vettel.

I would be very happy to see Williams up there, though I doubt they're quite there yet. Maybe Mercedes will show some improvement.

I could see McLaren have a go at it - whether it ends up being worth their while or not, that's another story. I wouldn't be surprised if the FIA banned them for next year, however, along with the F-Duct! :blink:

No retirements? Actually no, I can't see that happening.....so no, nothing.

Good news! Oh no, wait... okay, good news for us, not so good for the teams. Rain showers expected through Saturday and Sunday, and according to everyone in the paddock that's on Twitter, it's now bucketing it down at Spa.

Yay my rain dance worked
Might as well answer my own questions
Vettel, Massa
Webber
Renault will nudge the front runners but not more than that
McLaren must have been "not developing" this technology during the summer "break" to "not introduce it" this race. And then the FIA will send them all home to re-do these cheatwings xD
They will all start from the grid instead of half of them in the pit lane.

1- Who will take pole and who will win? Vettel, Alonso
3- Will any midfield team take the challenge to the 3 leaders? If their f-duct will work and there will be rain Renault can have some luck.
4- Will more teams introduce flexible front wings or will the FIA be more careful in their tests and ban them? They've announced that before Monza there will be more FIA tests...
5- Anything interesting will happen with the 3 new teams? Yamamoto will be laped just after 4 laps.

oh yeah, weren't they going to announce the results of the hearing of the Alonso-Massa team order thing 4 days before Spa?

10 minutes of red flag right at the end of the session for... people(kids?) climbing a safety fence. :lol: Xeon? Sir Stiggington? Two possible suspects? :p

^look who's back

F1 comes back, so does vikirad :D

Kinda scared to post this but (T o r r n t - - t l k)

Can someone pm me a link to get a copy of the practice 2 session? Speed, BBC, doesnt matter. I dont have the box or racing underground account yet due to computer problems.

Im really not sure if this is against the forum rules, and i read all over the place to make sure. Thanks!

Lets hope Ferrari doesn't stay in "hoping it will get dryer" and then they don't post times at all

Something about an elephant sitting behind him hidden in the engine bay... dunno. Not good news for my F1 Dream Team thingy, since I have a Mercedes and both of them are way down, I have Petrov who will start last (but this will be good for the overtaking shots, he'll make his way through early race) and Alonso is my team captain
Booooooo!