2010 Formula 1 Belgian Grand Prix - Spa Francorchamps

The Maccas are going to be raping people down the back straight and to the bus stop with their F-duct and their Mercedes engine.

FIA publishes amended Spa grid

By Jamie O'Leary Saturday, August 28th 2010, 18:26 GMT
1283020122.jpg
The FIA has published a provisional grid for Sunday's race following the penalties dished out to Michael Schumacher, Nico Rosberg, Timo Glock and Sebastien Buemi after qualifying.
The main beneficiary is the Lotus team. Drivers Heikki Kovalainen and Jarno Trulli set the 16th and 18th best times in qualifying, but have been promoted to 13th and 15th as a result of the penalties.
Lotus's qualifing performance is the best for the team since Johnny Herbert and Alex Zanardi qualified fourth and 13th in Italy in 1994.
Ahead of them, Jaime Alguersuari and Vitantonio Liuzzi have taken 11th and 12th with the Toro Rosso driver starting from the best grid spot of his career.
As the penalties for Schumacher and Rosberg were already set in stone before the start of the session, they dropped from 11th and 12th to 21st and 17th immediately.
However, as a result of the three and five-place drops for Buemi and Glock afterwards, Rosberg has been promoted back up to 14th. The reshuffle has also given Hispania its best F1 grid spot with Bruno Senna 18th.

Pos Driver Team

1. Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault
2. Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes
3. Robert Kubica Renault
4. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault
5. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes
6. Felipe Massa Ferrari
7. Rubens Barrichello Williams-Cosworth
8. Adrian Sutil Force India-Mercedes
9. Nico Hulkenberg Williams-Cosworth
10. Fernando Alonso Ferrari
11. Jaime Alguersuari Toro Rosso-Ferrari
12. Vitantonio Liuzzi Force India-Mercedes
13. Heikki Kovalainen Lotus-Cosworth
14. Nico Rosberg Mercedes *
15. Jarno Trulli Lotus-Cosworth
16. Sebastien Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari **
17. Kamui Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari
18. Bruno Senna HRT-Cosworth
19. Sakon Yamamoto HRT-Cosworth
20. Timo Glock Virgin-Cosworth ***
21. Michael Schumacher Mercedes ****
22. Pedro de la Rosa Sauber-Ferrari
23. Lucas di Grassi Virgin-Cosworth
24. Vitaly Petrov Renault

* Five-place penalty for gearbox change
** Three-place penalty for impeding Rosberg
*** Five-place penalty for impeding Yamamoto
*** 10-place penalty for Barrichello incident in Hungary
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86212

Last edited:
Wow, there are 6 drivers plus Vitaly outside the 107% rule (unless I've done my math wrong). Will that rule apply for rainy qualifying sessions too?

Wow, there are 6 drivers plus Vitaly outside the 107% rule (unless I've done my math wrong). Will that rule apply for rainy qualifying sessions too?

No. Take Spa 2001 or Magny-Cours 1999, a couple of drivers dropped outside the 107% window during a rainy qualifying but were allowed to race.

Absolutely agreed re: Spa craziness, and LOL @ Fernando. :lol:

Awesome job Webber, Hamilton & Kubica! :clap:
Also, well done Heikki, Jarno & Lotus! (okay, some promotion due penalties but there's no doubt they're by far the best of the newbies).

I can't freaking wait for the race. WOOOH! :dance:

Madness in the GP3 race with changeable conditions over only 12 laps... 90% of the field scrambled for the pits for wet tires after a shower which lasted the best part of 5 minutes. Adrien Tambay (son of former F1 driver Patrick Tambay) took a gamble and stayed out on slicks, took the lead, but the others caught him at a rather quick rate... but they caught him just as the wet tires started overheating and a dry line started appearing; he held off cars on his gearbox for the last 3 laps and won the race.

i am completely missing this race coz of work, is there anywhere i can "watch" this race, at a later date? BBC iplayer is out unless anyone knows a proxy that works. im in South Africa at the moment so no iPlayer for me. i wish iPlayer could tell im british! lol

Congrats & good luck to Rubens on his 300th F1 GP.
Too unpredictable and close to call today?s race, Webber or Hamilton should win, but who knows. (Probably won?t be Petrov, though. :lol:)
I think I want Webber for the title this year.
Hoping for a great race today. :cool:

why is kubica only in 8th?
he qualified 3rd!

now vettel is behind hamilton :(
kubica was supposed to hold vettel up!!

EDIT: start went better than expected :p

Last edited:
i don't understand vettel

mm i just saw the replay showing spots of rain but still, i feel for button

Last edited: