2010 Formula 1 Brazilian Grand Prix

settler

Car(s)
VW Corrado VR6
Aut

Race date: 7 November 2010
Number of laps: 71
Circuit length: 4.309 km
Lap record: 1:11.473 - Juan Pablo Montoya (2004)
Last winner: Mark Webber

1) Pole and win?
2) Who will lead the driver's championship after the race?
3) Who will stay in the championship fight?
4) Rain in quali or race?
5) How many cars will be out after the first lap?
6) What will happen to Rubens this time?
7) Do Senna or di Grassi can impress somehow in front of their home crowd?

1) Pole and win?

Pole: Massa, race win: Webber

Eyebrow Man.

Eyebrow Man and "Jeez mate..." the Squash Hog.

Neither.

3 cars, two from the tail-enders... with Petrov possibly the third.

His bad luck will commit seppuku and enable him to finish in 5th or 6th.

No; both are classed as potential first-lap victims.

1) Pole and win? Vettel, Webber or Hamilton (Hamilton will win or have a terrible race)
2) Who will lead the driver's championship after the race? Webber, if there is a God. Hence, it will probably be Alonso.
3) Who will stay in the championship fight? All of em. That would be nice.
4) Rain in quali or race? Race please. But I think none.
5) How many cars will be out after the first lap? 4
6) What will happen to Rubens this time? Meteor.
7) Do Senna or di Grassi can impress somehow in front of their home crowd? Nah, it's just the cars they're in...

1) Pole and win?
Pole: Alonso, Win: Webber (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!) :begs the heavens on knees:

Webber

Webber, Alonso & Vettel. (Sadly I can feel a Macca-centric strategy stuff-up / crash / whatever coming up, I could also be completely and utterly hilariously wrong! :lmao: )

Just a little bit please, when stuff gets boring.

3 or 4.

Rear wing randomly falls off on first lap causing 3 or 4 backmarkers to clusterfuck into each other and make a huge damn mess. :blink: Safety car comes out and things get tense, yo.

Nope, most likely they will be involved in the aforementioned mess.

1) Pole and win? Webber, unless Vettel tries to kill him and make it look like an accident.
2) Who will lead the driver's championship after the race? Alonso, but not by much
3) Who will stay in the championship fight? Webber, Alonso
4) Rain in quali or race? nope.
5) How many cars will be out after the first lap? at least 2
7) Do Senna or di Grassi can impress somehow in front of their home crowd? never. their cars suck too much but they may finish higher than normal (ie. 20th instead of 24th)

1) Pole and win?
Webber,Hamilton
The new STIG!
Everyone whos in it at the moment
Yes
His Vtec will kick in YOOOO!
Well can they juggle or mabye read the paper while they drive?

1) Pole and win?

Alonso. Just has to be.

Eyebrow Man.

Alonso just, just might close it up in Brazil..if not, Webbo will still be in the background lurking.

Neither.

One or two backmarkers.

Hulk will be faster than him and he won't understand the message.

I'm sure they can do some magic tricks...pull my finger, that kinda stuff.

is there already news on what engine alonso is going to use?

the one he used in korea already has 4 races (iirc), and it was already his 8th engine this season. will he keep using it? use a new one? or an old one?

From what I can gather, both Alonso and Vettel still have enough mileage on two each of their older engines, so that's probably what they'll be using for the last two races unless something catastrophic happens to those engines.

Vettel will use the same engine he had in Italy and Singapore. He's done 1066 km on it (from planned 2000 km) and for example his "Korean" engine done 1600 km.

I don't know how old will be Alonso's engine in Brazil, but it will be old for sure. He will have nearly new one in Abu Dhabi. Somehow (I'm not familiar with exact rules), because of engine changes he's done in Bahrain, he could use one of the engines only during practice sessions and in the last race. I don't understand this, but that's what I've read, if someone else know if this is true and what are these stupid rules please explain.

The basic rule is: If an engine is changed between qualifying and the race at any event, it can only be used in practice sessions for the rest of the season, except for the last event. For Abu Dhabi, drivers can use whatever engines they have left, including the aforementioned engines. So, let's say, if engine 5 was changed after quali in Germany, and it still has about 1000 km left on the mileage, and it hasn't been changed due to a potential failure, it can be used for quali and the race in Abu Dhabi.

Last edited:
Must've been Korean built that thing. :lol:

Webber: Vettel is Red Bull's favourite - more Red Bull drama = bigger chance for Red Bull to screw up this weekend = better race. :D
And followed by 3 follow up emergency statements:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87917
RBR open to giving Webber priority

By Jonathan Noble Thursday, November 4th 2010, 20:17 GMT

Red Bull Racing has not ruled out making a strategic team call to throw all its weight behind Mark Webber's title prospects in the Brazilian Grand Prix if the need arises.

Although the team is adamant that both its drivers will be treated equally while they remain in contention for the championship, Red Bull concedes that under certain circumstances it could call on Sebastian Vettel to help his team-mate instead.

Speaking at Interlagos on Thursday, Red Bull Racing team boss Christian Horner said: "I think we're in a slightly unique situation amongst the teams in that we've got two drivers that fairly genuinely are in contention.

"Obviously Ferrari played their card a while ago and with McLaren whilst Jenson [Button] mathematically stands a chance, there are a lot of probabilities that will probably work against him. Whereas with our guys, obviously Mark's 11 points behind and is the closest contender to Fernando [Alonso] and Sebastian is within a race win.

"Certainly going into this weekend we'll continue to back both drivers with absolute equality, but inevitably the mathematics talk for themselves.

"Both drivers drive for the team and will inevitably do the best that they can for the team. You don't need a rocket scientists to work out the points and those permutations.

"It's a situation that really depends on how things unfold not just this weekend, but also Abu Dhabi in a week's time. But certainly going into this weekend, both drivers still have a very realistic chance of winning this championship - Mark's obviously better than Sebastian's, but both still in contention."

Although Horner did not give details of when he could see team strategy coming into play, he suggested it would be a no-brainer if Vettel's finishing position was not enough to keep him in the title chase.

"As we all know, team orders are banned," explained Horner. "But you've only got to look at the mathematics. If Fernando beats Sebastian, his championship is over.

"Both drivers are acutely aware of what the mathematics are, and both drive for the team and will do the best that they can for the team.

"But going into the grand prix they both still have that chance of winning the championship and we will continue to support both equally. The mathematics will speak for themselves."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87918
Horner denies Red Bull favours Vettel

By Jonathan Noble Thursday, November 4th 2010, 20:32 GMT

Red Bull Racing has insisted that Mark Webber receives the full support of the team, despite the Australian claiming the outfit was emotionally in favour of Sebastian Vettel.

Ahead of the final two races of the campaign, Webber suggested that his bosses would prefer it if Vettel came out on top at the end of the season.

Those suggestions have come as a surprise to team principal Christian Horner, who says that claims of favouritism towards Vettel were unfounded.

"I think the members of the team would be greatly hurt to see that Mark has said that, if he has said that, and I can only think it's been taken out of context because he has a great deal of support within the team, within Austria and with Dietrich Mateschitz, who has ultimately provided the opportunity that is there now," said Horner when asked for his response to Webber's suggestions.

"The team have provided a great car and we're determined to finish the season on a high.

"We've got two great drivers, we're in a unique situation where we've got two drivers competing for the championship. It would've been wrong from the team's point of view to back one driver over the other.

"As we saw in Korea, Mark went into that race leading the world championship. For 15 laps behind the pace car he was extending his lead, then potentially Sebastian went into the lead of the championship, only for Fernando Alonso to be gifted a victory, and that then changes the dynamic of the situation again."

Horner suggested that Webber's feelings may be based on the views of Red Bull motorsport advisor Helmut Marko - who is known to be close to Vettel.

"I would say I'd have to understand what Mark was meaning by those comments because he's had tremendous support from the team, not just this year but in all the years that he's been with Red Bull," he explained.

"He's probably referring to the support of Helmut Marko for Sebastian Vettel, but that doesn't influence the way the team operates or the way it supports its drivers. We gave both drivers a great car this year.

"We gave Mark the tools to get the job done. All his race victories have been in Red Bull cars and it's a great opportunity for both of them to compete and win this championship. Mark's had a lot of support not just this year but in all the time that he's driven for Red Bull."

He added: "I'm sure Mark would love the team to say 'yes, after whatever point in the year your team-mate will now be your rear gunner' but Red Bull is about giving both drivers opportunity. They've both driven well, they've both made mistakes this year, as have other drivers, but we're determined to continue giving them as much support as we can.

"The focus of the team is obviously the constructors' title and the drivers' title, and that's very much our objective going into the last two races."

Horner also dismissed a comment from Webber who suggested his speed this year had been an 'inconvenience'.

"It's not been inconvenient at all," said Horner. "Mark has had tremendous support from the team since his leg-breaking accident last year. He came back strongly last year and he's been even stronger this year.

"He's delivered well. The team's given him a great car and we've done our best to treat both drivers with absolute equality.

"It's been interesting to see how over the season the balance of pace between the two of them has varied.

"Had Mark finished in Korea, he'd have probably won and be leading the championship. It was a rare mistake from Mark, all the drivers have made mistakes this year. Had Sebastian finished the race, he'd have been the championship leader.

"Unfortunately that situation didn't turn out for either of them and now Fernando Alonso is the leader and we're the chasing pack. It's not been inconvenient at all for Mark to be leading at any point."

Horner also did not share Webber's frustrations about critical comments from Gerhard Berger appearing on Red Bull's own television channel.

"The comments were made by an individual who has nothing to do with the team," said Horner.

"Gerhard Berger has driven a lot of grands prix, he's got his own opinions without all of the facts, but it's not a Red Bull position, it's just something that's been broadcast on a TV station that's always believed in giving freedom of speech. But it's not a Red Bull position, it's not a team view, it's purely a Gerhard
Berger opinion."

The team boss concluded that tensions such as those expressed by Webber today were a natural part of a title fight involving team-mates.

"Obviously with a drivers' world championship there's a huge amount at stake, and when one of the competitors you're racing against is your team-mate then inevitably certain emotions will come in," said Horner.

"Mark has tremendous support both within Red Bull, within Milton Keynes, within Austria, within all the technical group, within all the technicians, within the garage - you've only got to look at the way that the mechanics from the two cars interact to see what a close-knit team this is.

"But inevitably when there's so much at stake it's sometimes understandable for drivers' emotions to bubble over."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87920
Vettel defends Red Bull's fairness

By Jonathan Noble and Matt Beer Thursday, November 4th 2010, 21:11 GMT

Sebastian Vettel says he sees no evidence of Red Bull showing any favouritism towards him, despite team-mate Mark Webber's suggestion that it was the young German who had the team and its parent company's 'emotional support'.

Webber is currently the leading Red Bull driver in the world championship, but both men still retain a title chance going into the final two rounds, with Webber 11 points behind leader Fernando Alonso and Vettel 25 down on the Ferrari driver.

Vettel said he could not understand why Webber felt he lacked support.

"Obviously there have been a lot of things being said already. I don't know what he's said now," said Vettel. "Everyone has his own opinion, but for me we both have the same chance every weekend to do well.

"The team supplies us with a very good car and that's ultimately the situation that you want to be in - having a car where you can win races and felt for podiums."

The German suggested that it had been him, rather than Webber, who had suffered the majority of Red Bull's mechanical issues this year.

"I think I had lots of ups and downs this year. If something broke, then it tended to break on my car," said Vettel. "But do I think there is any conspiracy in the air? No, it's the last thing I think about."

Although Red Bull has been adamant that it will not employ team orders, team boss Christian Horner acknowledged today that some level of strategy might be employed if the championship situation demanded it.

But Vettel said there had been no discussion of the issue so far and that the initial focus was just on being fast enough to try and win.

"Today it's Thursday and we haven't done a single lap so first we have to prove we're competitive, then we can talk about winning or getting a decent position on the grid," he said.

"There are a lot more important things to do before we reach that [team orders] stage, so that's what I'm focusing on now and not thinking about anything that might happen, or helping, or whatever.

"We'll have to decide in whatever situation we might be in."

He is still confident that the title is a realistic possibility for him.

"The chances have been better in the past, looking at the points, but the chance is still there - that's the most important thing," said Vettel.

"I think my season has been pretty up and down. Considering that, I think it was a little miracle that we are still in a pretty good position and able to fight for the championship.

"There are two races to go. I think we have seen this year, more than many other years, how quickly things can change, so I'm full of hope, we are full of hope and the only thing we can do is get too very strong results in.

"And then we need a bit of luck and it depends on the others and where they finish to find out our final championship position. But we are willing to fight and for sure we won't quit."