2010 Formula 1 Half Distance Poll

A7XFan22

So we're already halfway through the 2010 Formula 1 season and it feels like only yesterday we were in Bahrain! Here's a brief run-down of both championships.

Drivers:
1. Lewis Hamilton 145
2. Jenson Button 133
3. Mark Webber 128
4. Sebastian Vettel 121
5. Fernando Alonso 98
6. Nico Rosberg 90
7. Robert Kubica 83
8. Felipe Massa 67
9. Michael Schumacher 36
10. Adrian Sutil 35

Constructors:
1. McLaren 278
2. Red Bull 249
3. Ferrari 165
4. Mercedes GP 126
5. Renault 89

Question Time!

1. What was the best race of the season so far?
2. Worst race?
3. Who has impressed you the most this year?
4. Who has disappointed you the most this year?
5. Of the remaining 9 Grand Prix, which Grand Prix has the best chance of shaking up the drivers/constructors championship?
6. Should there be any driver changes? If so, who leaves and who takes their spot?
7. Will anyone actually dethrone Red Bull and McLaren? If so, who?
8. Will any of the new teams be around by Abu Dhabi?
9. Will the Korean circuit be complete in time?
10. Will Ferrari finally make a charge to the constructors championship?
11. Who will win the constructor's championship?
12. Who will win the driver's championship?

Last edited:
Will answer most questions tomorrow, since I'm sleepy, but

11. McLaren, after twelve long years.
12. Lewis Hamilton, I'm pretty sure of this.

-For me hard to pick between Australia, Malaysia, and China.
2. Worst race?
-Bahrain, easily.
-Both of the McLaren drivers for their consistency (I'm not biased at all here...)
-Sebastian Vettel. He should be #1 in the drivers standings but he isn't helping himself, and early on in the season neither was his car.
5. Of the remaining 9 Grand Prix, which has the best chance of shaking up the drivers/constructors championship?
-Probably the Japanese GP.
6. Should there be any driver changes? If so, who leaves and who takes their spot?
-I don't really know.
-I don't think so.
-I can see Lotus still being around. Not sure about the others.
-I don't really know on this.
-No.
-McLaren.
-Lewis Hamilton.

Last edited:
Canada
2. Worst race?
Bahrain
Button
Schuey
5. Of the remaining 9 Grand Prix, which has the best chance of shaking up the drivers/constructors championship?
Button
Webber will break contract, retire or fill a slot in a poor team
No. Mclaren all the way to the end.
No
Hope so!
No! They will give up and develop next year's car.
Mclaren
Lewis Hamilton! yewww!

Question Time!

1. What was the best race of the season so far? Canadian Grand Prix
2. Worst race? Bahrain. It was so dull and the scariest thing was that it could've been like that for the rest of the season
3. Who has impressed you the most this year? Webber maybe. Hamilton and Button have been supremely good this year also and as a McLaren fan I couldnt be happier with their partnership
4. Who has disappointed you the most this year? Alonso hasn't even looked close to being the driver he was of 2005-6
5. Of the remaining 9 Grand Prix, which Grand Prix has the best chance of shaking up the drivers/constructors championship? Hard to say. On paper Red Bull should have the advantage at all of them. McLaren just need to keep doing what they're doing.
6. Should there be any driver changes? If so, who leaves and who takes their spot? I don't think so
7. Will anyone actually dethrone Red Bull and McLaren? If so, who? Can't see anyone dethroning Red Bull or McLaren. Ferrari are behind in the points and in race trim their car is still only third or fourth best.
8. Will any of the new teams be around by Abu Dhabi? Yes
9. Will the Korean circuit be complete in time? Yes
10. Will Ferrari finally make a charge to the constructors championship? No, as I said, their car is behind the Red Bull and McLaren and they're not all there operationally either
11. Who will win the constructor's championship? the best team will win the constructors. That doesnt look like Red Bull at this stage unless they get their act together
12. Who will win the driver's championship? I'm hoping Webber does, but I like Hamilton for it as well. Anyone but Vettel please!

1. What was the best race of the season so far? China was great, so was Canada.
2. Worst race? Bahrain
3. Who has impressed you the most this year? Webber, because I already knew Lewis was the shit.
4. Who has disappointed you the most this year? Schumacher
5. Of the remaining 9 Grand Prix, which Grand Prix has the best chance of shaking up the drivers/constructors championship? Spa or Brazil
6. Should there be any driver changes? If so, who leaves and who takes their spot? I think it's OK for now (when Senna comes back)
7. Will anyone actually dethrone Red Bull and McLaren? If so, who? McLaren might dethrone Red Bull, but it's gonna be between these two.
8. Will any of the new teams be around by Abu Dhabi? All of them.
9. Will the Korean circuit be complete in time? Yes
10. Will Ferrari finally make a charge to the constructors championship? Not really.
11. Who will win the constructor's championship? McLaren
12. Who will win the driver's championship? Hamilton

Last edited:
1. What was the best race of the season so far? Silverstone
2. Worst race? Bahrain
3. Who has impressed you the most this year? Both Mclarens for consistency, Webber for his persistence and desire to win
4. Who has disappointed you the most this year? Alonso. I expected him to be further up the pointy end than he is.
5. Of the remaining 9 Grand Prix, which Grand Prix has the best chance of shaking up the drivers/constructors championship? Monza and Spa
6. Should there be any driver changes? If so, who leaves and who takes their spot? De la Rosa, maybe give his seat to Bruno Senna
7. Will anyone actually dethrone Red Bull and McLaren? If so, who? I don't see anyone getting close to either, both teams would need to have a catastrophic implosion for anyone to get close.
8. Will any of the new teams be around by Abu Dhabi? Lotus and Virgin fore sure. Dunno about HRT
9. Will the Korean circuit be complete in time? don't think so
10. Will Ferrari finally make a charge to the constructors championship? Unless they get their shit together and start performing, no
11. Who will win the constructor's championship? Mclaren
12. Who will win the driver's championship? Heart says Webber, head says Hamilton or Vettel

1. What was the best race of the season so far? Tie between Aus and Canada
2. Worst race? Bahrain
3. Who has impressed you the most this year? Webber for keeping up with the young guns.
4. Who has disappointed you the most this year? Schuey and Kobayashi (but he's getting better)
5. Of the remaining 9 Grand Prix, which Grand Prix has the best chance of shaking up the drivers/constructors championship? Spa, Monza, Brazil
6. Should there be any driver changes? If so, who leaves and who takes their spot? I want to say one of the guys from the new teams, but I reckon they need the experience
7. Will anyone actually dethrone Red Bull and McLaren? If so, who? Ferrrari and maybe Merceds/Renault but Ferrari is a better possbility
8. Will any of the new teams be around by Abu Dhabi? They will get there
9. Will the Korean circuit be complete in time? I hope so. Go South Korea! D
10. Will Ferrari finally make a charge to the constructors championship? They better do it now before it's too late.
11. Who will win the constructor's championship? Mclaren
12. Who will win the driver's championship? Webber

1. What was the best race of the season so far? Hard to choose, but I'd say it's between Silverstone and Montreal
2. Worst race? Bore-rain
3. Who has impressed you the most this year? Pass on this question
4. Who has disappointed you the most this year? The two more-than-once champions in the field. Quite a shocker.
5. Of the remaining 9 Grand Prix, which Grand Prix has the best chance of shaking up the drivers/constructors championship? A potentially wet Spa or a Spa with a power cut like in the LMS race
6. Should there be any driver changes? If so, who leaves and who takes their spot? Hopefully Bruno Senna back in that seat instead of Yamamamamamamomomoto.
7. Will anyone actually dethrone Red Bull and McLaren? If so, who? No.
8. Will any of the new teams be around by Abu Dhabi? At least two of them, doubts about HRT though.
9. Will the Korean circuit be complete in time? Yes. Even if there's still the smell of fresh paint in the air by race day, Bernie will make sure it's finished and race-ready.
10. Will Ferrari finally make a charge to the constructors championship? No.
11. Who will win the constructor's championship? McLaren, RB are shooting themselves too much in the foot.
12. Who will win the driver's championship? The sensible money is probably on Hamilton, to be honest, he's got the consistency this year.

1. What was the best race of the season so far? Canadian Grand Prix
2. Worst race? Bahrain without any a shadow of doubt
3. Who has impressed you the most this year? Webber, for keeping his head together and winning the British GP. Hamilton and Button as well.
4. Who has disappointed you the most this year? Schumacher, so much potential wasted. Not the same driver i saw years ago.
5. Of the remaining 9 Grand Prix, which Grand Prix has the best chance of shaking up the drivers/constructors championship? i'll go with the Japanese Grand Prix
6. Should there be any driver changes? If so, who leaves and who takes their spot? Don't think so
7. Will anyone actually dethrone Red Bull and McLaren? If so, who? doubt anyone can at the moment
8. Will any of the new teams be around by Abu Dhabi? The optimist in me would like to think so but the realist in me reckons we'll be down by one by the time Abu Dhabi comes around.
9. Will the Korean circuit be complete in time? honestly don't know
10. Will Ferrari finally make a charge to the constructors championship? no, i reckon they'll soon throw in the towel and start looking towards next year and focus on damage limitation with this years season.
11. Who will win the constructor's championship? McLaren
12. Who will win the driver's championship? Button

Canada

2. Worst race?
BAHrain

Jenson Button, Kamui Kobayashi, Karun Chandhok, and Nico Rosberg. I would include Mark Webber, but I expected him to do well after recovering from his leg injury.

Flippy Masser :(

5. Of the remaining 9 Grand Prix, which Grand Prix has the best chance of shaking up the drivers/constructors championship?
Singapore :p

Di Grassi and Pedro should go. Senna deserves a chance in either of those teams, and Anthony Davidson/Takuma Sato need to come back.

Ferrari will, eventually. Mercedes will pull a surprise at a race or two.

Yeah, barely (in terms of HRT at least)

Yessir

No, Alonso might in the WDC, though.

Answered this already

Answered this already

Canada, it's just a great track and always provides a good race.

2. Worst race?
Bahrain, surprise, surprise.

This one is hard. Webber and Button for being at the same points as their teammates. Kubica and Kobayashi for being so ahead of their teammates. Alguersuari, because at the end of the last season I thought he doesn't deserve an F1 seat, but this year he had some decent races.

Massa (and why Ferrari extended his contract until 2012? stupid politics) and Schumacher. Yeah I knew he wouldn't be a champion this year, but I wasn't expect that poor drive.

To hard to tell.

Like mclarensmps said, I want Sato and maybe Davidson back. And I think Petrov and Di Grassi will be out of their teams after Abu Dhabi.

Not really. Maybe Alonso will show something but it will be hard for him to challenge first four. In teams competition - it will be fight between RBR and McL.

I hope.

Yes.

Like I said before, Alonso maybe, but Massa just isn't there, so sadly I think Ferrari is out of contention now.

RBR or McL. :p

I hope it will be Webber, but probably it will be Hamilton, because I think that now he is the best driver of the leading four.

Either Canada, Britain or Australia
2. Worst race?
Bahrain
Button, Kubica and Petrov
Schumacher, both Ferrari drivers, Red Bull's reliability and Buttons iffy qualifying pace.
Urm, Monza?
No. Bit sceptical of Massa atm though.
Ferrari might haul themselves up there but they won't win a title.
Lotus will be there, Virgin probably will be and HRT might not be.
Barely.
No. They'll get 3rd.
McLaren
I'd like it to be Button but it'll probably be Hamilton or Webber.

1. What was the best race of the season so far? Canada
2. Worst race? Bahrain
3. Who has impressed you the most this year? Webber, Rosberg
4. Who has disappointed you the most this year? Douchemacher
5. Of the remaining 9 Grand Prix, which Grand Prix has the best chance of shaking up the drivers/constructors championship? Monza , Suzuka
6. Should there be any driver changes? If so, who leaves and who takes their spot? Douchemacher to leave (kicked off the team\ loose superlicence) Heidfeld to come in
7. Will anyone actually dethrone Red Bull and McLaren? If so, who? Possibly Ferrari if their flapping front wing is legit
8. Will any of the new teams be around by Abu Dhabi? Yes
9. Will the Korean circuit be complete in time? irrelevant, there will be a full out war between the north and south before the race date
10. Will Ferrari finally make a charge to the constructors championship? Possibly
11. Who will win the constructor's championship? Red Bull
12. Who will win the driver's championship? if its RB then I hope Webber, if its McL then I hope its Hamilton

Canada
2. Worst race?
Boorain
Rosberg
Mercedes GP
Brazil
I hate driver changes during a season but i would love to see Senna in a STR car
No
I think they will, i have faith in HRT making it at least
As long as they move the cranes off the track and fit everyone with dirt tires, will it mater?
i dont think so, they will end up third. too little too late
Mclaren(would be Red Bull if the cars didnt keep breaking)
Hamilton. no question.

Canada
2. Worst race?
Bahrain
Webber
Massa
Monza
Not sure who I want to leave but I do want Anthony Davidson back in F1
Nope
Lotus and Virgin
Who Knows, Proberley not.
Too Little, Too Late.
McLaren preferably.
LEWIS HAMILTON!

Australia, Germany & Bahrain

2. Worst race?
Bahrain & Silverstone

Button and Force India; for actually getting regular points.

Hamilton; for not crashing enough.

Japan most likely, but any race really, all we need is some precipitate.

Sakon OUT and never come back! And I'd like to see Chandok at Ferrari. :p

Red Bull will dethrone McLaren, Ferrari might get the second spot on the constructors as well.

Yes.

Yes.

They've already started.

Red Bull!

12. Who will win the driver's championship?[/QUOTE]
Webber! I can feel it - it's his year!

Last edited:
Monaco for me.
2. Worst race?
BAH! Rain.
Lotus & Virgin since Germany, Jenson Button for proving brainpower over speed.
Massa. :(
5. Of the remaining 9 Grand Prix, which Grand Prix has the best chance of shaking up
the drivers/constructors championship?
Since i'll be at the Singapore GP, i'll like that to happen here.
At the moment it's HRT i think, with Chandok off for moneymanyamamoto.
Go Ferrari! But i think it's the year for Red Bull to get their first championships.
I sure hope so, along with 2011.
Yea.
Constructors, nah.
Red Bull Racing.
Eyebrow man :mrgreen:, otherwise Mark Webber. Vettel, next year.

EDIT: I think Chandok is faster than Badoer if he ever gets the chance to pilot one of the F60s.

Last edited: