2010 Formula 1 Italian Grand Prix - Monza

I think Yamamoto is more epic fail than Hamilton. That is completely ridiculous.

Alonso ramming Button on the first lap has probably ensured his victory as Button just can't get away with the diffuser damage. Shame really.

I hate being right, but that's racing.

Whew, had my hands and feet cold for the first part of the race.

Great one. Wrong Fezza driver on top in my opinion. Massa deserves one up for the treatment he had still.

Yeah, Hamilton will make it through those couple of cars like nothing with race fuel on because the mammoth diffuser on the McLaren is great on race fuel.
Now, now, don't sound too fanboyish, our resident anti Macca tifosi will get fucking mad.

And then you will get balls of Bacalhau thrown into your face.
trollface_remastered.png

Great race, great party afterwards, the championship open for great racing in the remaining races.

Quite uneventful race, but nice to watch nonetheless because of good tactics and very clean racing everywhere. Alonso with an awesome pace all the time and the according result.

Congrats to Alonso & Ferrari! :thumbup:

How the hell did H?lkenberg get away with cutting the chicanes all the time when Webber was trying to pass him?!
Either he used it as an asshole tactic to keep Webber behind him, or he really was just that bad under pressure. And even if it weren't deliberate mistakes, he's still a douche for having the audacity to cut Webber off like that after the first chicane, because he obviously couldn't do the pace necessary to stay ahead without constantly going off.

After Spa, maybe it does look uneventful, but all in all I thought it was very much packed... The incident with Hamilton at the first lap, the ambulance in the pits, Webber fighting with Hulkenberg and him cutting all the chicanes, Vettel running a fantastic race with an asthmatic engine and the soft tyres for almost the entire race, and obviously the Button/Alonso duel which was the closest one yet not to end in a big pile of carbon fiber.

Also it's always exciting to see the Italian crowd cheering after a home Ferrari victory... did anyone else get chills when everyone and their grandmothers started chanting the Italian anthem? (despite it sounding like circus music)

sort of...but I think my chills were due to me opening the patio door letting in a reasonably cold breeze at 6am for all of 5 seconds before I slammed the door shut, lol