2010 Formula 1 Italian Grand Prix - Monza

I don't think anyone could have won the race in that McLaren after the diffuser damage.

Sorry, but if the damage was so catastrophic, how come Button was able to stay ahead of Alonso and do some pretty fast laps? And furthermore, that piece looked way to big to be from the important area of the diffusor..Even the man himself doesn't say anything about these problems you brought up.

Sorry, but if the damage was so catastrophic, how come Button was able to stay ahead of Alonso and do some pretty fast laps? And furthermore, that piece looked way to big to be from the important area of the diffusor..Even the man himself doesn't say anything about these problems you brought up.

I didn't say the damage was catastrophic, but it isn't unreasonable to think that such a massive piece isn't there for decoration, and could easily cost a couple of tenths. The BBC commentators confirmed that McLaren said that the piece came from the diffuser area and was causing a reduction in downforce. The gap coming out of the pits was very small, Button would only had to have gained a few seconds extra in 30 odd laps to have won, so I don't think my viewpoint is far fetched.

And did the fascist/hitler salute at an official gathering the other day.

Cellos, thx for the -rep. Here's the video. Don't know how i deserve a "shut up" remark for simply pointing out a political fact that has as much (nothing!) to do with F1 as the fact that she's hot.

Oh yes definitely. The car was absolutely fine. Button was just rubbish. In contrast to Alonso, who drove fantastically. Despite the fact that they only finished a couple of seconds from eachother. Now excuse me, I have some horse cock to suck.

Sarcasm guys. Kidding. Both drove astonishing races I think.

I didn't say the damage was catastrophic, but it isn't unreasonable to think that such a massive piece isn't there for decoration, and could easily cost a couple of tenths. The BBC commentators confirmed that McLaren said that the piece came from the diffuser area and was causing a reduction in downforce. The gap coming out of the pits was very small, Button would only had to have gained a few seconds extra in 30 odd laps to have won, so I don't think my viewpoint is far fetched.

I never believe the teams claptrap, doesn't matter who it is...plus that part looked way too shiny/chrome to be the bare carbon fibre that is used in the diffuser area...If anything it put the Macca on a level playing field with the Fezza. Certainly didn't destroy the car as per your first post.

Now excuse me, I have some horse cock to suck.

Do carry on, enjoy it. Seems fit for ya.

Last edited:
I never believe the teams claptrap, doesn't matter who it is...plus that part looked way too shiny/chrome to be the bare carbon fibre that is used in the diffuser area...If anything it put the Macca on a level playing field with the Fezza. Certainly didn't destroy the car as per your first post.

I never said that. Learn to read.
If we don't believe the teams then who do we believe? Ted Kravitz (BBC pit lane reporter) saw the piece and he didn't disbelieve McLaren, he said it was a part of the diffuser and rear wing end plate. These cars are on a kinfe edge performance wise, why do you find it hard to believe that a large chunk of carbon fibre snapping off would affect the car's performance?

Regarding the rear damage to JB?s car, Martin Whitmarsh said afterwards, ?.. we won?t use that as an excuse.?

Call me sentimental, but its good for a Ferrari to win at Monza. :rolleyes:

An interesting finish to the season, with the top five drivers all within twenty four points. Whoever wins the title, will need to have a bit of good luck and no bad, plus a steady nerve. :)

Lotus talks in the F1 Forum are quite interesting. Renault power next season? Should jump up the grid.
How many other FG members outside of the UK/Ireland, get the BBC TV show & commentary and the extra F1 Forum show afterwards?
Hands up! :lol:

I regularily download the BBC Forum.

rear wing end plate

This. Couldn't remember how to call the damn thing. It looks nice and chrome in the pics, must be this. And I tend to believe that pieces snapping off often don't affect the cars too much. Barichello in 2009 made mince meat of his front wings, yet never seemed bothered...Massa handled the F10 in Barcelona, whan he clipped the HRT.

My point was just this: Wasn't the diffusor, but the rear wing+probably didn't do enough damage to lose the race.

My point was just this: Wasn't the diffusor, but the rear wing+probably didn't do enough damage to lose the race.

We'll have to just agree to disagree then. Frankly the margins are so small I doubt even McLaren know whether it might have cost them the race or not.

How many other FG members outside of the UK/Ireland, get the BBC TV show & commentary and the extra F1 Forum show afterwards?

Personally I pay for a proxy but if I wouldn't have bothered with that I'd just download it.

*raises one hand and points at the iPlayer with the other*

Can't be arsed to watch the German RTfaiL coverage.

Last edited:
I watch it for 10mins tops, in the time that it takes for our national coverage to finish adverts. And I hate our coverage as well.

It is amazing how every third or fourth word on RTL seems to be ''Deutsche''~ German. Fascinating.

Don't think Alonso damaged Button enough to make a difference in the end result... These things happen all the time, and it was clear those two cars were just so close in performance. After all, the deciding factor was tyre wear; Button with a higher downforce setup couldn't stay out as long as Alonso, or the team thought the hard tyres would work better, whatever reason, he came in a couple of laps earlier and with the clean air ahead Alonso made enough of a difference to pit out in front of him. It was a nice duel to watch as far as strategies and teamwork goes (neither pit crew missed a thing).
Also I think it's fair to point out the Ferrari crew pitted Massa in 3.5 seconds, so there were no disguised team orders or deliberate "slow downs" for Massa to pit out behind. Too bad he couldn't catch Jensen fast enough. Best "mind duel" of the season so far, imo.

They showed a helicopter shot on Sky where it was evident that the Ferrari crew made themselves ready for Alsonso's stop. After Button had entered the pits for his stop however, the Ferrari crew went back into their pit. So it is well possible that they fooled McLaren into making their stop and thus gained an advantage which - in combination with Alsonso's slightly shorter stopping duration (0.8 seconds I believe) - made the Spaniard win a position over the Brit.

Last edited:
Wasn't that illegal though? I've seen Red Bull doing it too... I thought it was banned (coming out as a feint).

I don't think it's forbidden, I see it all the time.

Wasn't that illegal though? I've seen Red Bull doing it too... I thought it was banned (coming out as a feint).

Coming out as a feint is banned, because you need to keep the pit lane as clear as possible.
Coming out for a pit stop and then changing your mind isn't banned.

^Difference?