2010 Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix

I remember that one - I've never seen anything like it since. They were actually keeping track of positions by adding the times from two separate race sessions, so you had drivers taking each others positions when they were nowhere near each other on track. Bizarre.

I think it was actually the last race in F1 history to be counted on aggregate, they changed the red flag rules some time afterwards.

Yeah the 1994 Japanese GP was crazy, and even better, it was covered by Speed's Formula One Decade... so if you search the interwebs hard enough you'll find the episode.

Otherwise contact me and I'll send it by carrier pigeon.

I can also remember watching Kimi passing everything + taking the lead on last lap in 2005 that was pretty thrilling.

That's what you get at such tracks when weather throws the best drivers at the back of the grid and they are free of championship battle pressures. Eyebrow Man climbed 13 places in that race and the Kimster 16... in a race where only 3 cars retired and a 4th was DSQed.

That's what you get at such tracks when weather throws the best drivers at the back of the grid and they are free of championship battle pressures. Eyebrow Man climbed 13 places in that race and the Kimster 16... in a race where only 3 cars retired and a 4th was DSQed.

Raikkonen was absolutely at the top of his game in that race. He shamed Michael Schumacher and made Giancarlo Fisichella look like a complete novice. He and Alonso were a joy to watch.

1- Pole and winner? Vettel and Hamilton, respectively.
2- Who will lead the WDC after? Alonso.
3- Which team will lead the championship after? McLaren
4- Is Ferraris form going to hold or will we see a festival of energy drinks? I'm counting on the energy drinks (at least one) hitting something/someone/each other.
5- Safety car periods? See above.
6- Best new team driver? Kovalianian
7- Kobayashis performance? Just outside points.
8- Heidfeld-points? 1. (10th position)

I can also remember watching Kimi passing everything + taking the lead on last lap in 2005 that was pretty thrilling.

Indeed. That was one of the first times I ever took real notice of Kimi Raikkonen (I hadn't watched / followed F1 at all before 2004-ish) and one of the races that affirmed me as a life-long Kimi fan wherever he goes. :cool:

Saw this on the F1 site:
d10jpn288.jpg

Anyone know what Vettel added onto the shirt?

my superzoom license has expired :(