2010 Formula 1 Korean Grand Prix

1) Pole-sitter and winner?
2) Energy drinks, horses or silvery stuff?
3) What will be the biggest surprise of the weekend (apart from the race happening at all)?
4) Will any of the new team drivers beat Kovalainen's 12th place in Japan which stands as the best result of a new team this season?
5) Will the extremely fresh track surface cause issues with the track breaking up in places?
6) Williams or Sauber, which of these two teams will get the best result this weekend?

1. Alonso & Vettel
2. energy drinks
3. Kubica
4. Kovalainen?
5. Nope
6. Williams

you cheated on #5. i bet you watched practice!!!

After seeing the track in FP2, it looks like there should be a cracking race. The pit lane entry is rather tight, but as Schuey said, it's no worse than any street circuit.

you mean fp3? :p I've watched all three sessions so far and I'm really starting to like this track, although it may just be due to how slippy it is lol

you mean fp3? :p I've watched all three sessions so far and I'm really starting to like this track, although it may just be due to how slippy it is lol

Nah, I actually meant FP2 because I couldn't find a stream for FP3. So what effect do the overnight track modifications have? Didn't they modify some kerbs and such?

Except in Sector 1
In every session, including qualifying there has always been someone faster than them.

Good boy Seb!

Now just keep your head cool and win this race tomorrow : )

If he doesn't make any mistakes and starts well, this race is Vettel's. Going by the starts Webber has had of late he'll be unlikely to beat Seb to Turn 1. I won't count Alonso out, though. :think:

Barrichello going to the stewards over being impeded by Shumacher?

So what effect do the overnight track modifications have? Didn't they modify some kerbs and such?

Yes, kerb in turn 18 is higher (inner kerb) so now there is less cutting. Don't know about other changes.

The first half of the lap is low downforce and the second part is high downforce. Thanks to thaw we can hope for interesting race. Horner said that for them it would be perfect if the track was the other way round, because now after the start there are long straights. That's why I hope Alonso will be in front of Webber in turn 3.

It's just digusting to watch an RBR car go through a bend, with the endplate as near as makes no difference on the tarmac. And the sheer quantitiy of smugness also doesn't help make them good in my book.

Two more things.

There is 50% probability of rain tomorrow.

Also Kubica said that after morning practice starts they think the "dirty" side of the track is so slippery it costs over 20 meters on 80 meters run. So Renault believes his 8th place is similar to 11th. That's bad news not only for him but for Webber and Hamilton as well.

Damn you McLaren, again you brought updates and they didn't work well, again you promised possibility of pole and it never happened.
Why is Lewis always praising the team when they are not doing a great job to improve the performance of this car. First sector was supposed to be their sector yet Vettel went second fastest, behind Alonso. *Disappointed*

And I agree, RBR needs to step it down with celebrations. Taking pole in the best care is not a miracle.

Damn you McLaren, again you brought updates and they didn't work well, again you promised possibility of pole and it never happened.
Why is Lewis always praising the team when they are not doing a great job to improve the performance of this car. First sector was supposed to be their sector yet Vettel went second fastest, behind Alonso. *Disappointed*

And I agree, RBR needs to step it down with celebrations. Taking pole in the best care is not a miracle.

Well I think the updates that McLaren bring to each race do have an effect, but the increase in performance just isn't as great compared with other cars. Especially when the other teams are also bringing out updates. I'd say they're second only to Renault in terms of the number of update packages that they've brought out, which shows how hard they're working back at the factory. And I think it's this hard work that Hamilton appreciates.

On an unrelated note I like the comparatively benign design of the F10. It's front wing for example looks so stupidly simple compared with the Renault, but it seems to get the job done!