2010 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread

We can do this, our leading driver has confidence in this, so we must explain the lack of pace and carry out the countermeasures needed.

PR speak much?

Wow... Yeah absolutely Esppy. Whatever dude. :rolleyes:

It'll be interesting to see how this tightly fought championship ends up; Webber is at the top of his game and is performing way better than his teammate is, who seemingly tries to throw every possible point away under huge pressure. Hamilton is showing that he has grown up a lot in 2009 and is using the pace he showed in 2008 with more confidence. Button, I think, thinks he has something to prove, that his performance last year was no fluke, his performance in this part of the season outmatches how he performed in the later half of last season. Alonso may be the dark horse this season, he certainly hopes to continue the statistic that those who won their first race with Ferrari has won the championship, but if he doesn't win it the stunt at Germany will seem even worse. I can't wait to see how it ends in Abu Dhabi because it isn't nearly spread out enough to end in Brazil.

Alonso may be the dark horse this season, he certainly hopes to continue the statistic that those who won their first race with Ferrari has won the championship, but if he doesn't win it the stunt at Germany will seem even worse.

Mansell won his first race for Ferrari and didn't win the championship.

Looks like an interesting circuit... Karun said it was awesome and the pilots and spectators would love it.
Funny to see him tippy-toe around the circuit though

I know the track is new, even looks wet... I just said it was funny to see it, I didn't say it was lame or he was a bad driver cos of it .

That Korea track looks like it could possibly be the most generic track evar. Left a bit here, right a bit there, no scenery anywhere other than a few identical small hills.

Please please please don't have it finished in time. If I'm going to sleep on a Sunday I'd like to do it in my bed, not in front of my TV.

The Red Bull demo car is a bit of a freakish thing, 2009 major aero bits with 2007-2008 addons and an old V10 engine instead of the V8.

Ah... the same one Buemi used for the snow run ?

No wonder that squeal didn't sound like quite right when I first heard it..

In other news, however you probably already heard, Kamui Kobayashi has impressed so much that Sauber has signed him for next year. A good decision IMO, good young talent. Could get far, there hasn't been an asian driver fighting for top places for a while.

Not surprising, and if next year's car starts the season in the form that this year's car is having right now, it should be a good decision and a good springboard perhaps for something more. Best result for a Japanese driver still remains 3rd place on only two occasions, and if Kobayashi gets snapped up by a big team, this record might finally fall.