2010 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread

Sergio Perez (runner-up in this year's GP2 season) will drive for Sauber next year alongside Kobayashi... and since he's Mexican, there's a good influx of Mexican money from Telmex (Carlos Slim's company). http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87193

Now... I wonder whether anyone is prepared to give Pastor Maldonado a go in F1 next year.

Maldonado payed his dues, he should have a spot in F1 already, but if Perez is driving for Sauber where is Heidfeld going?

Maldonado payed his dues, he should have a spot in F1 already, but if Perez is driving for Sauber where is Heidfeld going?

_40234101_jobcenter203.jpg

Sad! :( Rest in Peace

And on another note... the driver stewards for the last 4 (3 if Korea is cancelled) races will appear to be... Alex Wurz for Japan (confirmed), Alan Jones for Korea, Emerson Fittipaldi for Brazil and Emanuele Pirro for Abu Dhabi.

I've been thinking, with HRT continually so hard up for cash why don't they try and get some subtle tobacco related sponsorship? I'm sure they could get a brand to fit their car like Marlboro have with Ferrari, they're missing a trick here!

Yeah like those subliminal messages really do work. Honestly the only subtle one I remember was the Jordan ones which was Benson & Hedges and "Be on the Edge" in countries where tobacco publicity was banned...
What they really should do is paint their car a little more vividly so at least it's nice to look at. It looks so sad now. The spanish flag is full of themes and colours they can use...

It doesn't matter if they work or not, all that matters is that the sponsors pay up. New colours would help too but do you think they can afford such a wild thing as a respray? :lol:

I dunno if they'd pay much cos some lunatic will come along an say a couple of bars on the engine cover of a red car will make children wanna smoke more :p

The Ferrari tag thing did work, everytime I see a barcode or a zebra all I want is a fag and I don't even smoke!

I've been thinking, with HRT continually so hard up for cash why don't they try and get some subtle tobacco related sponsorship? I'm sure they could get a brand to fit their car like Marlboro have with Ferrari, they're missing a trick here!

I would have thought there would at least be one shitty energy drink willing to sponsor them.

I hope they join forces with Epsilon Euskadi next year, that's their only hope. They're very noticeably falling off the pace even for newcomer cars. That and hiring talentless gits like Yamamoto doesn't help, but they have to, cos of the money.

I hope they join forces with Epsilon Euskadi next year, that's their only hope. They're very noticeably falling off the pace even for newcomer cars. That and hiring talentless gits like Yamamoto doesn't help, but they have to, cos of the money.

Have HRT actually made any updates to their car? They moved the wing mirrors and switched to carbon brakes (they supposedly started off with steel ones...) but I can't think of anything else. Maybe it's surprising that they're not falling back any further.

IIRC somewhere about middle of the season they said they will not develop this car any further and started working on a next year's one. That means no changes at all from that time onwards.

IIRC somewhere about middle of the season they said they will not develop this car any further and started working on a next year's one. That means no changes at all from that time onwards.

It was even earlier, when they realized what a lemon Dallara has delivered to them. To outsource chassis development to the current chassis supplier of IndyCar and GP2 sounded like a smart move, but what Dallara delivered seemed to be not only slow, but also underdeveloped, sloopily built and lacking potential.

Last edited: