2010 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread

Well Spa has been off the calendar twice and the sport did not implode.

And of course Bernie thinks Turkey is fantastic, since he owns the commercial rights for the track, as I recall.

Did y'all see the vodafone? commercial on autosport!! with jense and lewis building the car.. hahaha its pretty entertaining.. felt a little TG-ish. If only I could DL it.

It's in youtube too.

and then you have www.keepvid.com

So there, download away.

Good video, but quite old and posted here back in June when it was put on Youtube.

The schedule for winter testing has been announced, with six test sessions in the Middle East and Spain culminating in the final test in Bahrain, one week before the 2011 championship starts.

Young Driver Test: November 16-17, 2010 Yas Marina, Abu Dhabi
Pirelli Tyre Test: November 19-20, 2010 Yas Marina, Abu Dhabi
February 1-3, 2011 Circuit Ricardo Tormo, Valencia, Spain
February 10-13, 2011 Jerez, Spain
February 18-21, 2011 Circuit de Catalunya, Barcelona, Spain
March 3-6, 2011 Bahrain International Circuit, Bahrain

2011 calendar finalised by the FIA:

2011 Formula 1 calendar
13/03 Bahrain
27/03 Australia
10/04 Malaysia
17/04 China*
08/05 Turkey
22/05 Spain
29/05 Monaco
12/06 Canada
26/06 Europe
10/07 Great Britain
24/07 Germany
31/07 Hungary
28/08 Belgium
11/09 Italy
25/09 Singapore
09/10 Japan
16/10 Korea
30/10 India*
13/11 Abu Dhabi
27/11 Brazil

*Subject to the homologation of the circuit.

The Delhi race is provisional and subject to the new circuit being homologated by the FIA, while Shanghai's licence has expired and the facility needs to complete some upgrades before being granted a new one.

Apparently the work that needs to be done at Shanghai concerns the track surface and drainage.

Last edited:
Brazil for the final one is just perfect. The way it should be. Just move Bahrain away and I'll be happy.

They should throw out Valencia and Abu Dhabi and bring back Imola and the old Hockenheim instead...

Ecclestone on the Button attack in Brasil

?They look for victims, they look for anyone that looks like a soft touch and not too bright,? he contended. ?The people that look a bit soft and simple, they will always have a go at. I think here for the race weekend they probably watch TV and see who?s not qualified in the top ten and think, ?well they must be a bit stupid otherwise they would qualify in the top ten obviously?. So they are victims.?

That's a classic-to-be!

Double post, but this one's worth it:

Spiegel Online (in German) reports that Marussia, the russian carmaker co-owned by Nikolai Fomenko of TGR "fame" who is best known for a so-stupid-it's-cool SUV concept and a generic supercar concept will annonce it's 2011 F1 involvement tomorrow.

As they list STR as a possible takeover candidate alongside HRT and Virgin and i can't see Red Bull letting go of their young driver's team i think this is an entirely baseless rumor, but maybe someone here knows better...

Last edited:
Marussia have been a sponsor of Virgin Racing for this season, so if they don't move their sponsorship to another team, I can see them expanding involvement if Branson decides to scale it back due to the embarassment which he is about to suffer. Remember the bet between Tony Fernandes and Branson at the start of the season? Beardy B is going to have to serve as flight attendant on an Air Asia flight... :lol:

Couple days ago I've heard rumour that they'll take over Virgin (now they are their sponsor). Since it's F1 I'll wait till it's official.

Couple days ago I've heard rumour that they'll take over Virgin (now they are their sponsor). Since it's F1 I'll wait till it's official.

and i read rumours that the renault team will be bought by proton and renamed to team lotus to fuck lotus racing in the ass

but since those rumours appeared on sniff petrol, i wouldn't believe to much of it :D

and i read rumours that the renault team will be bought by proton and renamed to team lotus to fuck lotus racing in the ass

but since those rumours appeared on sniff petrol, i wouldn't believe to much of it :D

Nah, those rumours are actually what determined Sniff Petrol to write that joke story. There is very much a rumour floating around about a Renault-Lotus tie-up.