2010 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread

vikiradTG2007

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Working on it
Winter testing ends today. We are two weeks away from the first race of the season, and as we all know, when the flag drops, the BS stops. All the speculation ends soon, and the racing will be all that matters from March 14th onwards.

Official 2010 calendar:

01 2010 FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX (Sakhir) 12 - 14 Mar
02 2010 FORMULA 1 QANTAS AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX (Melbourne) 26 - 28 Mar
03 2010 FORMULA 1 PETRONAS MALAYSIAN GRAND PRIX (Kuala Lumpur) 02 - 04 Apr
04 2010 FORMULA 1 CHINESE GRAND PRIX (Shanghai) 16 - 18 Apr
05 FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE ESPANA TELEF?NICA 2010 (Catalunya) 07 - 09 May
06 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2010 (Monte Carlo) 13 - 16 May
07 2010 FORMULA 1 TURKISH GRAND PRIX (Istanbul) 28 - 30 May
08 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DU CANADA 2010 (Montreal) 11 - 13 Jun
09 2010 FORMULA 1 TELEF?NICA GRAND PRIX OF EUROPE (Valencia) 25 - 27 Jun
10 2010 FORMULA 1 SANTANDER BRITISH GRAND PRIX (Silverstone) 09 - 11 Jul
11 FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS SANTANDER VON DEUTSCHLAND 2010 (Hockenheim) 23 - 25 Jul
12 FORMULA 1 MAGYAR NAGYDIJ 2010 (Budapest) 30 Jul - 01 Aug
13 2010 FORMULA 1 BELGIAN GRAND PRIX (Spa-Francorchamps) 27 - 29 Aug
14 FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA 2010 (Monza) 10 - 12 Sep
15 2010 FORMULA 1 SINGTEL SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX (Singapore) 24 - 26 Sep
16 2010 FORMULA 1 JAPANESE GRAND PRIX (Suzuka) 08 - 10 Oct
17 2010 FORMULA 1 KOREAN GRAND PRIX (Yeongam) * 22 - 24 Oct
18 FORMULA 1 GRANDE PREMIO DO BRASIL 2010 (Sao Paulo) 05 - 07 Nov
19 2010 FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX (Yas Marina Circuit) 12 - 14 Nov

*Korean GP provisional, subject to the circuit being completed in time.

So... This will be the one-stop shop thread for all the news concerning the 2010 season, but which are not necessarily related to the activities on the race weekends.

Let the discussions begin!

(P.S. Who's doing the race threads this year?)

Just to add that obviously you should use your discretion. News that directly relates to whatever race is on will go in designated threads. If you think a topic is big enough that it warrants its own thread then by all means feel free to go ahead and create it (ie, crashgate, spygate, etc). I'm sure 2010 will have it's fair share of controversy yet ;)

Look forward to hearing from you guys through-out the year.

Last edited:
That Korean circuit is very weird. Is the road between turn 3 and 12 used for MotoGP or something? And turn 3 looks damned sharp

And to kick off the season:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPqm7RjgtVY[/YOUTUBE]

:lmao: :lmao:

Can't wait for this season to start. It looks there are 4 teams at the front so fight this year should be tight.

And I'm going to my first F1 race and it will be Monza, so I'm very excited about that. :D

Okay, whose idea was it for some of you guys to start invading RC? :lol: I don't want to be in a position to give you warnings or request a ban for any of you...

(And btw, which one of you is "The Big Guns"? :p)

Hehe, thought I'd register because sometimes some of the crap they say over there makes you HAVE to respond :p...and yeah, who is The Big Guns?

What's the RC? I want to invade it too!

And USF1 is out
http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-usf1-asks-for-delay-until-2011/
F1: USF1 Asks For Delay Until 2011

SPEEDtv.com has learned that the struggling start-up USF1 Formula 1 team has formally petitioned the FIA to defer the team's entry into the sport until 2011.

Team principals Ken Anderson and Chad Hurley have offered to post a ?substantial, seven-figure? surety bond as proof of their intentions to race next year.

The request for a deferment follows a breakdown in merger discussions between USF1 and the Spanish Campos Meta team. The Serbian-based Stefan GP team also had made overtures about working with USF1, but those talks also failed to yield anything substantive.

It now appears that neither USF1 nor Campos will be on the grid for the season-opener at Bahrain.

Contrary to media speculation elsewhere, Hurley is still very much involved in the USF1 effort.

why didn't they post the 'surety bond' last year so that they could race this year?

Okay, whose idea was it for some of you guys to start invading RC? :lol: I don't want to be in a position to give you warnings or request a ban for any of you...

(And btw, which one of you is "The Big Guns"? :p)

Well I lurk from time to time, but I dont have an account. Too much shit over there.

So the Americans failed.... pfffffhaahaha :D Now, for god's sake, please let our Balkan friends come to F1.

I sincerely hope they don't get an entry. Honestly, they have no respect for the FIA's (admittedly laughable) procedures regarding entry and seem to think they can just barge in, capitalising on the misfortunes of USF1 or Campos. I say good riddance, leave the slot open if USF1 can't fulfil their obligation then open the tender process again and give established operations such as Epsilon, Lola or Prodrive/Aston Martin the chance to bid for 2011.

They have one fully assembled Toyota F1 car, and another that isn't far behind and a handful of ex-Toyota employees to oversee their operations. What happens after 2010? Their Toyota will be obsolete and I havent heard anything about any sort of facilities or infrastructure that would enable them to design and build a car for the 2011 season and beyond. Is the whole operation funded by this Serbian bloke? What other income streams do they have?

It's hard enough for Lotus and Virgin at the moment and they have at least completed some testing of their cars. They still have a long way to go, but with the work they've done so far, hopefully they wont be a total embarrassment at Bahrain. It will be even worse for Campos and StefanGP who havent been able to conduct any testing this winter and will have to complete their shakedowns and basic setup/reliability work, most likely with drivers who have no experience of F1 (Senna and Lopez). It could almost be dangerous as they limp around getting in the way of everyone else. Leave StefanGP off the grid please.

Last edited:
I actually believe that the field of drivers we have is enough for this year. Putting people in from USF1 and Stefan won't really make a difference. Therefore, the Americans can get stuffed for now.

Hmmmm...Victor_RO, I suppose?

{ opens the Autosport forums...

......evilly }

Mwahahahahahahaaaaaaa...