2010 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread

For a second there I thought there would be a poll. Now that's an idea; get all the fans to vote on which one to kick off! :cool:

I thought the same. :)
We can hope that Bernie will get rid of boring track not good ones.

And Bahrain and possibly Turkey, the only good thing is the Turn 8.

Track in India will have something similar to turn 8 in Turkey, so my votes are on Valencia and Turkey.

I think Turkey is good. You can overtake there, a lot happens in turn 1. Good track. Only reason to kick it off would be the location; no one turns up :(

Since there's no official thread yet for the race (I'm busy tonight, got some guests, so someone can go ahead and make it), the latest news on the stewarding front is that the driver-advisor for next week will be Alex Wurz.

So the last three races (counting China as well) see as stewards three Le Mans winners...

Turkey and one of the Spanish races (hopefully Valencia) are almost definitely gone IMO. Turkey is a non-traditional track with poor ticket sales and frankly, who would miss it? And its hard to see how they can justify two races in Spain with so many other countries wanting races and F1 wanting back into the US. However, this Manhattan race is a long shot IMO. The security would be a massive pain in the ass, the locals have little interest in a race (I mean generally, I don't need neg rep from some one on here whos in new york and would like a race) and the traffic is atrocious on a good day, never mind with a bunch of roads closed for the race. Unless they managed to use the roads in central park, which would be pretty cool. Central park grand prix. And as far as the Russian race goes, would Moscow be a street circuit? I though Herman was designing a track outside of St.Petersburg? Personally I'd rather see the cars ripping around Red Square then and another Tillkke track.

I wouldn't mind getting rid of Barcelona. The track is awfully boring...

If I had to pick between dropping Barcelona and dropping Valencia, I'd pick dropping Valencia anyday. Sadly, I think Valencia's on a 7-year contract. But then again, if I remember correctly Canada was on a contract and they still dropped it for 2009.