2010 Formula 1 Season - Official Discussion Thread

In other news, however you probably already heard, Kamui Kobayashi has impressed so much that Sauber has signed him for next year. A good decision IMO, good young talent. Could get far, there hasn't been an asian driver fighting for top places for a while.

It wasn't looking good for him at the start of the season but he has massively upped his game in the last 5 races or so.

It's a shame that there's been no word about De La Rosa :(
He's such a good bloke and has had soooo much bad luck this season!

2011 calendar revealed. http://twitter.com/5LiveF1

13/03 Bahrain 27/03 Australia 10/04 Malaysia 17/4 China 08/05 Turkey 22/05 Spain 29/05 Monaco 12/06 Canada 26/06 Europe 10/07 Britain
24/07 Germany 31/07 Hungary 28/08 Belgium 11/09 Italy 25/09 Singapore 09/10 Japan 16/10 Korea 30/10 India 13/11 Abu Dhabi 27/11 Brazil

FIA still mental. No further punishment. I was actually expecting something this time. Foolish of me I guess.

i guess (until we hear further details) it means that for the rest of this season at least ANY team that wants to open and blatantly use team orders just has to pay $100,000. Small price to pay in F1 terms.

Edit: btw Sir Stigginton are you Tibs from techtorque? been meaning to ask for awhile

Last edited:
Eh I don't think they need any further punishment - the increased public scrutiny of possible team orders is enough of a dis-incentive for the future.

I'll still take this opportunity to say that I hate Jean Todt and want to punch my screen whenever there's a picture of him up. He just has a face I can't hate enough.

i guess (until we hear further details) it means that for the rest of this season at least ANY team that wants to open and blatantly use team orders just has to pay $100,000. Small price to pay in F1 terms.

Edit: btw Sir Stigginton are you Tibs from techtorque? been meaning to ask for awhile

Yeah, goes back a while huh? :) Good to see you around ;)

About the tweaks to rule 39.1 after the Hockenheim debacle...

http://twitter.com/EliGP

Rules tweak will be along the lines of "teams orders still banned, but if you do it, at least don't broadcast it to the whole world"

EDIT: FIA decision:

On 25 July 2010, at the Grand Prix of Germany, the Stewards of the meeting found an infringement by the Scuderia Ferrari to the prohibition of team orders interfering with a race result and then decided to impose a fine of $100,000 and to forward the dossier to the World Motor Sport Council for further consideration.

The Judging Body of the World Motor Sport Council held an extraordinary hearing in Paris on 8 September 2010 to examine this matter.

After an in depth analysis of all reports, statements and documents submitted, the Judging Body has decided to confirm the Stewards? decision of a $100,000 fine for infringing article 39.1 of the Sporting Regulations and to impose the payment of the costs incurred by the FIA.

The Judging Body has also acknowledged that article 39.1 of the Sporting Regulations should be reviewed and has decided to refer this question to the Formula One Sporting Working Group.

The full decision will be available on the website www.fia.com on 9 September 2010.

Proceedings

In March 2010 at Bahrain at the initiative of the FIA President, the World Motor Sport Council adopted a new transitional disciplinary procedure, in order in particular to ensure the separation between the prosecuting body and the judging body. At the General Assembly on 5 November 2010, a more global reform of the FIA judicial system will be submitted for approval, including in particular the creation of an International Tribunal which will exercise the disciplinary power in the 1st instance in place of the World Motor Sport Council.

In application of this new procedure, previously applied within the context of the US F1 case, the FIA President exercises the role of prosecuting body. As such, he has the authority to notify any person being prosecuted of the grievances brought against him and to submit the matter to the Judging Body of the World Motor Sport Council, chaired by the Deputy President for Sport, Mr Graham Stoker.

The Deputy President for Sport has the power to proceed with an investigation and, within this context, to designate a reporter from among the members of the World Motor Sport Council.

In the present case, the Deputy President for Sport designated Mr Lars ?sterlind, a member of the World Motor Sport Council, as reporter. Mr ?sterlind?s report was forwarded to the Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro as the party being prosecuted.

Prior to the hearing, the members of the Judging Body of the World Motor Sport Council received all the documents in the case, including the observations submitted by the Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro.

The FIA President did not attend the hearing but was represented by Ma?tre Jean-Pierre Martel from the law firm Orrick Rambaud Martel.

The hearing before the Judging Body of the World Motor Sport Council, assembled on 8 September 2010 in an extraordinary meeting, was chaired by the Deputy President for Sport and allowed the hearing, in person, of Mr Stefano Domenicali, Team Principal of the Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro, assisted by lawyers, Mr Henry Peter and Nigel Tozzi. The World Motor Sport Council had the possibility to join the drivers Mr Fernando Alonso and Mr Felipe Massa via video conference.

Last edited:
http://img704.imageshack.**/img704/5888/58441101502429840904595.jpg

Let the shitstorm begin. I actually hoped they get somekind of penalty, just for the sake of idiots/trolls/bird brains being quiet about this kida shite.

Both of you and everyone else who is thinking about joining in this "debate", STOP. We know there's two wildly different points of view on this, they have been brought up and iterated mightily after the event, no need to rehash the whole thing now. It's over, there's a race this weekend, let the talking be done on the track. Don't descend to the level of a shitstorm, it destroys forum sanity.

There there, AstonMartin... here have some:

2wn4awi.jpg

Anyway
I hope this brings that discussion to an end but also opens another one regarding how well defined should the team orders rule be or if it should be just scrapped. Let's hope the FIA does a better job than normal in talking to the teams and even the pilots and take their inputs on the rules.

Last edited:
Well Red Bull did team orders at Monza this morning, and did so almost as ham-handedly (an engine "loses power" just long enough to allow the teammate to pass, and then comes on song strong enough to set a personal best lap next time across Start/Finish) so those castigating Ferrari should now turn their displeasure at Red Bull. :)