2010 German Grand Prix - Hockenheim

*waits with great anticipation for mpicco, SchumacherM and Cellos*

Oh hai.

Spare the team orders rants, don't act like Ferrari only does it.

Otherwise, I'm chuffed, the start alone made my day. WE are back.

Ferrari are just so stupid. Why did they feel the need? Surely they know this is going to cause them big problems and I wouldn't be surprised if the FIA take action.
I feel sorry for Massa.

what the fuck was legard doing....was he even watching the same race.... for example when the FI's came in the pits at the start and he's on about sutil or whoever missing a front wing and you can plainly see on the TV screen sutils front wing alive and well on the front of the car.

he really annoyed me today. the man just needs to shut the fucking hell up and let martin talk some good old fashioned sense. next year the Beeb should just have brundle in the comentary box, or get damon hill/coulthard to take legards place. murray and martin were the best combo but thats never gonna happen again.

Heh, as I suspected Vettel cocked up the start, although not with the result I anticipated. Judging by the offs Massa had yesterday I thought he'd have problems in the race, too. And although he had a few spots of rough driving, locked up tires etc., he managed his lead quite well.
There even was a nice moment of racing between Massa and Alonso, both drivers did very well truth be told. Sad to see it tarnished by such a stupid teamorder.

Other than that, pretty uneventful race... except for the Force India box-in-out-in-out-in-out game perhaps. :lol:

Spare the team orders rants, don't act like Ferrari only does it.

So you think it was ok?

Last edited:
I feel sorry for Massa, Alonso is an ass :(

I feel sorry for Massa, Alonso is an ass :(

why, its not alonso's fault the team gave crap orders.

i think its well cheeky getting rob to give the order too, thats not just unfair on massa, but rob as well. the man clearly wasnt happy with that.

Rob Smedley should start a new career as a comedian: "?I don?t expect any penalties whatsoever because Alonso was just faster and Massa made a small mistake when shifting up three gears at once,? Smedley told Germany?s Sky Sports after the race."

Another Smedley classic quote.

Ferrari today demonstrated how you can be triumphant and still ruin everything.

It's not only that they cheated or broke a rule. We all know that all teams will do that, if they think they can get away with it. It's merely the way HOW Ferrari violated the rules today. They did it in a so massively stupid and outrageous way, that every spectator, who's not a Ferrari fan, has to feel cheated. Honestly, I hope Ferrari as a team gets punished hard for this. So hard, that no one ever does it again in such an obvious manner.

I've never been an Alonso fan (he's unappealing to me) but I always respected his driving abilities. But after the press conference I could have punched him in the face... hard.

Rob Smedley should start a new career as a comedian: "?I don?t expect any penalties whatsoever because Alonso was just faster and Massa made a small mistake when shifting up three gears at once,? Smedley told Germany?s Sky Sports after the race." http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/239665/smedley-not-expecting-alonso-penalty/

Oh, is that why Massa only pushed the throttle half way down? DID THE MAN WATCH TV AND SAW WHAT ALL THE TV AUDIENCE SAW???

Last edited:
Alright first of all I'll say I went karting last night, had a blast, came back home at like 5 am, was really tired... set my clock for 13:45 to watch the race, assuming it would start at 14:00 local time which in my mind meant 14:00 for me too but it wasn't. I'm at GMT and I missed the first hour of the race. From the comments on the post race analysis I guess Vettel botched the start, Massa and Alonso did a good one and the race sort of stayed the way it was at the end of 3rd lap which is the norm in dry races this year...

But it takes us to the whole bussiness of Massa letting Alonso through. And let the shitstorm begin!
As I've said before, I support the team, not the drivers. Alonso isn't my favorite chap, he was the enemy in 05 and 06, and I can't say I like him much. But the fact is that he was indeed faster. At this point I'd like to remind you that Ferrari's best place in 9 races was a fortunate 2nd in Spain, and the last time both cars finished in the top 5 was in Australia. You have to understand this before you understand why it was more important to decide matters in a civilized way instead of having a Red-Bull-Turkey incident. The team is low on morale, needs points, needs confidence, you can't throw away a 1-2 like that. So they told Massa that Fernando was faster, he understood what they meant. It wasn't "Let him through", it was "DO NOT BATTLE FOR POSITION".
And I have to agree. Sure they could have battled and risk tangling and retiring or dropping 10 places cos of a trip to the pits, and any other day I'd say go ahead and see who has the bigger bawls, but not today. It was a much needed strong result to put the team back in the game and both pilots understood this and did what they had to, for the sake of the team.
Perhaps a bit demoralized, Massa started to drop back after he was overtaken, but I think it was just the difference in speed. Fernando was rolling much quicker.

So I'd like to say Thanks Filipe for being a team player, a selfless guy, respect!

P.S.: from the post race conference, in his own language (portuguese): Massa dedicated this race to his late uncle who passed away recently, one of his biggest supporters, and that he's sure he's looking from up there.
(in spanish) Alonso said it was important to regain confidence in the car and that every race to go is like a "little final" (term mostly used in football when the points in stake are really needed and you can't lose any)

And for the inevitable McLaren fans saying this was not a victory and it was a shame, grow some dignity. You know if Hamilton was in a final race a couple of points behind Vettel, and if Button was leading with Hamilton behind and then Button let him through for him to win the championship, you'd all be happy. The points Alonso won today could mean the difference at the end.

mpicco said:

Let the shit storm begin. :p

Go watch the F1 Forum. People have quite strong opinions. ;)

I'm in a Formula 1 forum right now, so what do you mean? Also, I was merely posting DC's quote. And I have much more respect for DC than some dude on an internet forum.

Last edited:
The whole thing is nonense, complete utter bullshit.

Alonso is a dirty, greasy spaniard who if he doesn't get things his way, tries to manipulate the team to produce results which favour him. Sure he's won two championships but this season has been complete tripe as far as I'm concerned with him saying previously "Get Massa out of my way" (in not so many words). I hope that Ferrari don't get away with it, for the sake of the sport.

If you're going to make a team order, try not to make it so obvious as well, we're not all mentally disabled.