2010 Hungarian Grand Prix

bone it is a bit of a conundrum thinking about putting someone else's life at risk to win, because in most forms of racing, you are putting your own life at risk by just getting into the car and setting off... as safe as monocoques are nowadays, there's always the risk, either by your own hand, someone else's, just bad luck... an accident... always at risk I think
Of course I understand what you're talking about, "don't invite bad luck" by doing dangerous stuff that isn't called for. Though in this form of racing when everything happens so fast, the line between spectacular and dangerous is so fine that it's really easy to go over it, even to someone as experienced and as skilled as M.S. as we've all seen last weekend.

Despite all this, when I talk about Formula One to someone who's not familiar with it at all, I always point out it's the safest high-end motorsport in the world and that's something to be glad about, right? And reprimands like the one given this weekend help keeping it that way.

bone it is a bit of a conundrum thinking about putting someone else's life at risk to win, because in most forms of racing, you are putting your own life at risk by just getting into the car and setting off...

i have no problem with someone putting his own life at risk. means he's either really stupid, or is payed way to much, but that doesn't mean he can endanger someone else's life during that activity

if rubens and michael had hit, it wouldn't have been an accident, but an attempt at murder!

bone it is a bit of a conundrum thinking about putting someone else's life at risk to win, because in most forms of racing, you are putting your own life at risk by just getting into the car and setting off....

You choose to take a risk to your life every time you get in a road car and go a drive, therefore it's fine for other road users to needlessly endanger your life.

DERP DERP.

Derp indeed.
If you're gonna make idiotic remarks when people are trying to have a serious conversation, just stick your head inside a freezer and keep it there for an hour or six, okay?

Anyway,
Schumacher was fighting for position and he took it too far, perhaps with Rubens car right next to him he couldn't judge very well the distance to that wall, but I don't think he intentionally wanted him to crash. If you see the replay, right after they go past the wall he veers to the left violently, like suddenly realizing what he had done.
In any case, he admitted he was wrong and accepted the official's decision for the 10 place drop, so that's about it for that matter I guess...?

so that's about it for that matter I guess...?

Without forgetting to add that he would have been black-flagged had this happened with more laps to go in the race. And that's about it.

Oh, and a bit of trivia: Schuey and Derek Warwick had a near-punch-up in 1991 after a qualifying session in the World Sportscar Championship, where Schuey baulked Warwick and nearly ran him off the road. :lol:

Oh, and a bit of trivia: Schuey and Derek Warwick had a near-punch-up in 1991 after a qualifying session in the World Sportscar Championship, where Schuey baulked Warwick and nearly ran him off the road. :lol:

Punch out while wearing racing helmets... obscured vision, no damage made.. lamest fight ........ in the wooooooorld :clarkson:

And Senna didnt punch Schumi cos he was the new guy. Otherwise I think he would have..

I love this clip cos it's so weird, Schumacher is taking off his helmet and rigging, and Senna is already all dressed in 'normal' clothes. Anybody has seen the full race and knows what exactly happened?

Last edited:
Punch out while wearing racing helmets... obscured vision, no damage made.. lamest fight ........ in the wooooooorld :clarkson:

Who says it was while they were wearing helmets? :p And anyway, Warwick was even more angry about that event(the baulk in '91) because it was a few days after his younger brother had died in a race at Oulton Park.

Last edited:
To show why Michael shouldn't do stuff like he did. This is what happened on the same day at the Brands Hatch:

and picture

z8211051X,Bolid-Chrisa-van-der-Drifta-eksplodowal.jpg

Luckily van der Drift only broke couple bones, but aside from that his condition is good.

And Senna chased after Eddie Irvine and cold-cocked him after the end of the 1993 Japanese Grand Prix for re-passing him during the race and un-lapping himself. :)

I don't see how this crash resembles the topic in hand. This is either a blatant coldhearted cut-off or a massive observation cock up. I don't know why this man forced into there, there is hardly enough space to beging with.

Bit late on this, but I was fortunate enough to have had the commentary switched off when Rubens made the pass. Was on the edge of my seat thinking what fantastic driving from the two elder statesmen of F1, right on the limit and proving why F1 drivers are who they are and 'at the pinnacle of motor-racing'.

Then I switched back to commentary and realised the furore that would erupt over this. :(

*sigh* Senna would've done the same thing in his day and no one would've kicked up any sort of fuss. In fact I think there was a race at Estoril in 88(?) where Senna tried something similar on Prost.

Bit late on this, but I was fortunate enough to have had the commentary switched off when Rubens made the pass. Was on the edge of my seat thinking what fantastic driving from the two elder statesmen of F1, right on the limit and proving why F1 drivers are who they are and 'at the pinnacle of motor-racing'.

Then I switched back to commentary and realised the furore that would erupt over this. :(

*sigh* Senna would've done the same thing in his day and no one would've kicked up any sort of fuss. In fact I think there was a race at Estoril in 88(?) where Senna tried something similar on Prost.

senna is also known as being the biggest asshole (while on the track) F1 has ever seen...

Different eras of Formula 1 mean different expectations of driving standards, that move would have been fine 10 years ago but not in this modern day F1.

Different eras of Formula 1 mean different expectations of driving standards, that move would have been fine 10 years ago but not in this modern day F1.

Why is that? How can it be acceptable for drivers in the past to have pulled off such 'dangerous' moves, when they were driving infinitely more dangerous cars, whilst todays 'health & safety' F1 cars, where safety standards are at their highest yet, are disallowed from doing such things?

Sorry, I'm not having a go at you, but this really does irk me. F1's obsession with safety, whilst understandable to a certain extent, has gone beyond what is required to make the sport safe. There's only so much blame you can attribute for F1's boring races to the track and car designs. Some of the blame has to lie with driver attitude, and that's down to how they are conditioned by the rule makers of what is and isn't permissable and classified as 'racing'

Quote of the Day: (from young Seb Mid race)

"How the F**k is Mark in front now?!? How is that possible?!?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOou3rXaibU

Ouch....

Seb is a Future champ...he's the man, he needs to grow a little in the experience area. I think these last two years have been good for him in a round about way.

As for MSC....

Uh, I'll be honest I don't like him. The thing is he is the greatest. Why? He never had the raw talent advantage, so he worked in other area's. The amount of testing he used to do was said to be incredible. You simply cannot rely on skill. He didn't. That's why he is the best. I love the fact that the F1 driver that didn't have the most amount of driving skill, but could talk with the mechanics (esp the electronics guys) to cover up any area's he isn't too crash hot in, is the best. Improve the formula.

The only issue is when he can't test and can't remove all the variables, he gets desperate...and we all have examples of what happens then!

As for his move....eeeeek. Harsh. "You'll have to crash to try a move past me" I think Rubens was a little pissed off before hand, maybe because of Ferrari's German GP antics it stired up some bad memories (From his time at Ferrari...Austria 2002 anybody?) and he was desperate to put one up MSC. In anycase full credit to Rubens for making the move stick.

Rubens now I know why your Williams is so slow dude....your balls must be huge!

Last edited:
Quote of the Day: (from young Seb Mid race)

"How the F**k is Mark in front now?!? How is that possible?!?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOou3rXaibU

Ouch....

Seb is a Future champ...he's the man, he needs to grow a little in the experience area. I think these last two years have been good for him in a round about way.

As for MSC....

Uh, I'll be honest I don't like him. The thing is he is the greatest. Why? He never had the raw talent advantage, so he worked in other area's. The amount of testing he used to do was said to be incredible. You simply cannot rely on skill. He didn't. That's why he is the best. I love the fact that the F1 driver that didn't have the most amount of driving skill, but could talk with the mechanics (esp the electronics guys) to cover up any area's he isn't too crash hot in, is the best. Improve the formula.

Quote of the day like 300 days late, and the Schumacher rant is ... just... damn, not even gonna get into it. Just watch some of the documentaries where they analyze his telemetry and compare it to some other drivers and then come here and say he's not talented.

I think Rubens was a little pissed off before hand, maybe because of Ferrari's German GP antics it stired up some bad memories (From his time at Ferrari...Austria 2002 anybody?)

2002 United States GP anybody?

Why is that? How can it be acceptable for drivers in the past to have pulled off such 'dangerous' moves, when they were driving infinitely more dangerous cars, whilst todays 'health & safety' F1 cars, where safety standards are at their highest yet, are disallowed from doing such things?

Sorry, I'm not having a go at you, but this really does irk me. F1's obsession with safety, whilst understandable to a certain extent, has gone beyond what is required to make the sport safe. There's only so much blame you can attribute for F1's boring races to the track and car designs. Some of the blame has to lie with driver attitude, and that's down to how they are conditioned by the rule makers of what is and isn't permissable and classified as 'racing'
I honestly don't know, I thought that battle was brilliant. Until you really start to analyze it it comes off as two great drivers having a dogfight. They were saying that if the pitwall was any longer Rubens would've been in it but the fact of the matter is that Schumi gave Rubens enough room to go across the grass and give advantage to schumi. Michael would know enough to squeeze Rubens on the grass and that would stop his position from being challenged because it would take a lap to clean off the tires and he would be more than 5 seconds behind with not enough laps left to battle it out again. I agree 100% that the battle was brilliant but it could have been horrible if they weren't giving each other full respect.