Unveiled: 2010 Land Rover LRX Official Premiere now called Range Rover Evoque

Pedrocas

9gag reposting troll
Car(s)
Citroen ZX 1.4i Tonic
The final production version of the Range Rover LRX could be unveiled on 17 June next year, according to Land Rover sources.
The premium compact SUV will finally be given the go-ahead for production by the end of the year, insiders have told Autocar. Production would probably begin in early 2011.
The June date is being considered because it will mark exactly 40 years since the original Range Rover was first revealed to the public.
The LRX would be positioned as the new, more environmentally friendly face of Range Rover as part of the brand?s 40th anniversary.
It?s expected that the styling of the final version of the LRX will differ from the concept. The car will also have the option of a hybrid drivetrain, which could be standard on more expensive versions.
Source: Autocar

In Wheels Weekly?s exclusive preview of the LRX, we call it a Land Rover. In actual fact, the LRX will be wearing Range Rover badge.
?? the production version of the Land Rover LRX, due to go on sale in 2011 (will be) badged as a Range Rover. Our research of the LRX proved that if we can deliver the intent of the concept it has got all the hallmarks of a Range Rover,?
For those of you who?ve just booked your Audi Q5, BMW X3 (eew..) or Mercedes GLK, you might want your deposits back. As Land Rover is now given the go by Tata to proceed with this gobsmackingly awesome looking sports SUV. Originally debuted in the 2008 Detroit motor show, the LRX caught show goers with a sight that ensures tingling in the pants. Conceived as a 2 door sports coupe SUV crossover, and with dimensions smaller than the Freelander, the LRX however wasn?t anything remotely entry level as its size may suggest, as Land Rover confirms that the most premium thing about the LRX, is rather the lack of mass of it. You actually have to pay more for less?
Not exactly, the LRX will be built with higher standard materials and quality, leathers will be plusher, plastics will be softer, chrome bits will be gleamer and of course, cleaner. Not much higher than a cross country wagon, the LRX aims to satisfy a niche market that wants a vehicle with higher driving position, better visibility, high load capability of SUVs, but wishes for a less high profile vehicle that attracts stares and hostile behaviors from tree huggers, or what we term ?Eco Extremists?.
Expect the usual high efficiency 3.0 liter turbo diesels that gives plenty of torque, and of course the inevitable ? Hybrid or Electric assisted range extending engines to come along. Class leader? Unlikely. Desirable? Very much. Anything else? Perhaps the Audi Q5 is still ok but we?d pay more for this.
Words: Bobby, Wheels Weekly Editor

4009512313_144348fb5d.jpg

3348260587_c99aa0a8fd_o.jpg

4010278448_70408521dd_o.jpg

This wil be LR's response to BMW X1 and Audi Q3. :cool:

Another soft roader?

Wait, then where the hell does the Freelander fit in?

I'm going to slap whoever posts another render as "Unveiled" or "News" :p

I think the colour lets it down badly, and normaly when a new SUV comes out, I wouldnt car at all, but since LR is doing this properly, which in my case means, you can go offroad still.

With the other pseudo-SUV's, like the BMW X's, or all the Kia's, Nissan's and so on, you will get stuck on every frontlawn, if you cut the corner between Pavement and Driveway.

Design kinda reminds me off that Stormer concept they did a few years ago....

land-rover-stormer.jpg

another where does the Freelander go?

Nowhere. This LRX is a BMW X1 rival, the Freelander is the X3 rival and the Discovery and the Range Rover share the rivalry with the X5/X6.

The LRX is smaller than a Freelander, just like a BMW X1 is smaller than a X3.

another where does the Freelander go?

Also the Freelander is a Land Rover and this is going to be branded as a Range Rover.

Back a couple of years ago Land Rover decided that they could make more money by having Range Rover be a separate premium brand above Land Rover. Expect to see more Range Rover branded cars in addition to the traditional Range Rover and the Range Rover Sport.