Ownership Verified: 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5SL, Why?

View attachment 3558964

Gena sent me this just moments ago. That makes 125k miles/200k km under our care. Nothing major has gone wrong, but here's it's current ills:

The tire pressure monitoring system says no more. Now, it may need the sensors rebuilt, as they have only been done once.

The stock A/C clutch packed it in. Nissan doesn't sell a replacement and there's not a reliable brand out there that does. This was proven after the first one I bought failed after two weeks. The second is holding strong. Why just change the clutch rather than the whole compressor? About 600 reasons ($$$)...

The stereo is dying or at least the display is. In the heat it starts fading out, I would wager that the solder joints are failing. With Gena's birthday on Tuesday I ordered her a modern Sony replacement. She's been wanting modern conveniences like Bluetooth and Apple Car Play anyway. It'll be here soon and I'll get it installed.

Other than that, it keeps on keeping on. The CVT feels weird to me, but Gena says it's fine. Sure...

Not bad! What do you mean by weird with the CVT? Have you don't a fluid flush on it?

PSX_20201109_140126.jpg

Got the Sony headunit installed today. She likes it now that she doesn't have to use a silly little Bluetooth adapter through the aux jack.

Since this car saved me today when my Frontier's factory battery died, I guess I'll give a quick update.

A little over a month ago the car crossed 150k miles (241k km). No real issues still. The AC is acting up though, either the magnet on the clutch is acting up again (I've replaced it twice now), or possibly it's time for a recharge.

However, with Gena no longer working in town 4 days a week, it's not really getting many miles put on it anymore. She drives it the 3 miles to the racetrack a couple days a week and uses it for the odd shopping trip in town.

A replacement is being discussed, but nothing had been decided as we are waiting for the used car market to cool down. The word minivan keeps getting used. I'm scared and slightly aroused. 🤣

Since this car saved me today when my Frontier's factory battery died, I guess I'll give a quick update.

A little over a month ago the car crossed 150k miles (241k km). No real issues still. The AC is acting up though, either the magnet on the clutch is acting up again (I've replaced it twice now), or possibly it's time for a recharge.

However, with Gena no longer working in town 4 days a week, it's not really getting many miles put on it anymore. She drives it the 3 miles to the racetrack a couple days a week and uses it for the odd shopping trip in town.

A replacement is being discussed, but nothing had been decided as we are waiting for the used car market to cool down. The word minivan keeps getting used. I'm scared and slightly aroused. 🤣

You’re scaroused? This mean an addition is in the works human-wise?

I’ve been fascinated by the last or latest Nissan Quest because it’s very Japanese and yet square. If I needed a minivan, that would be it. Or a transit connect. 🤷🏼‍♂️

You’re scaroused? This mean an addition is in the works human-wise?

I’ve been fascinated by the last or latest Nissan Quest because it’s very Japanese and yet square. If I needed a minivan, that would be it. Or a transit connect. 🤷🏼‍♂️

One small human is enough, plus in 7-8 years he'll hopefully move out and become a productive member of society. Just thinking about vacations and Accutime trips. The truck is fine, but a little cramped for the rear seat passengers. Plus, it's getting on in miles and something lower mileage is usually a good thing.

Leading contender is the Honda. I know, boring and predictable, but sometimes that's what you want. The Toyota comes in second, followed by the Nissan. The Transit Connect always gets shot down by the intended driver.

Heck, if the Altima keeps plugging along, it may not get replaced until the small human is driving himself (a tick over 4 years from now).