Ownership Verified: 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5SL, Why?

No I mean I need to get back without the car.. ;) So I'd end up spending money to leave the car with you so you can spend money to have it fixed.. :D Or I could just leave it as is or have it fixed in a more convenient scenario.. ;)

We dropped the car off Monday, picked up Friday. Looked great. Then Saturday night, when we ran to the hospital (for what turned out to be a non-issue) or when we stopped at the store to get some medications, someone did this:

20160925_173212.jpg

20160925_173204.jpg

MOTHERF*CKER

I give up...

That car is clearly cursed. Get it fixed and sell it ASAP!

Or you get the ones that NYC vehicles and taxis have. Rubber baby buggy bumper! Basically, it looks like a rubber floor mat the width of a car bumper. Looks like they flip out from being attached in the trunk.

http://www.bumperbully.com/

:lol: May have to get one...

Or you get the ones that NYC vehicles and taxis have. Rubber baby buggy bumper! Basically, it looks like a rubber floor mat the width of a car bumper. Looks like they flip out from being attached in the trunk.

http://www.bumperbully.com/

Everyone and their mom had those when I was in NYC and across the river in NJ. Kinda weird but I got used to seeing them.

Mrs. CraigB sent this to me this morning. So in about 4.5 years we've put 85k miles on the car. Still works just fine, though the driver's side electric seat is acting funny (I bought a switch setup). Hopefully it'll make it another 85k miles...

Update on this thing. It continues to soldier on with nearly 135k miles. Still only the one non-start issue (never did determine what it was, but replaced the cam and crank angle sensors on a hunch). I've got some new spark plugs to put in it Sunday. I think that is only the second set it's had.

I've witnessed a third gen 2.5 survive years of punishment driving up to trail heads, these things are remarkably resilient. This thing will be with you until you die. There is no escape, you bought a reliable car. Poor man.

The engine will be fine. The Achilles heel on this one is likely to be the gearbox.

It's why Audi announced earlier this year they were dropping CVT like a hot potato.

My friend's parents have a 2002 Altima 2.5 and it killed a piston ring at around 120k or so, but it's most likely a statistical outlier.

My friend's parents have a 2002 Altima 2.5 and it killed a piston ring at around 120k or so, but it's most likely a statistical outlier.

I know some of the early QR25DEs had problems with oil control. Then there were the mid-2000s models that suck in part of the close coupled cat through the EGR and start wiping out the rings.

I know some of the early QR25DEs had problems with oil control. Then there were the mid-2000s models that suck in part of the close coupled cat through the EGR and start wiping out the rings.

You mean like my SE-R SpecV did when the engine died at 40000 km, then died again 20 kkm later?

After swapping the headers for catless aftermarket ones right after the second warrantied engine replacement, the third engine was fine until I got rid of the car 100 kkm later.

photo_2020-11-05_08-49-12.jpg

Gena sent me this just moments ago. That makes 125k miles/200k km under our care. Nothing major has gone wrong, but here's it's current ills:

The tire pressure monitoring system says no more. Now, it may need the sensors rebuilt, as they have only been done once.

The stock A/C clutch packed it in. Nissan doesn't sell a replacement and there's not a reliable brand out there that does. This was proven after the first one I bought failed after two weeks. The second is holding strong. Why just change the clutch rather than the whole compressor? About 600 reasons ($$$)...

The stereo is dying or at least the display is. In the heat it starts fading out, I would wager that the solder joints are failing. With Gena's birthday on Tuesday I ordered her a modern Sony replacement. She's been wanting modern conveniences like Bluetooth and Apple Car Play anyway. It'll be here soon and I'll get it installed.

Other than that, it keeps on keeping on. The CVT feels weird to me, but Gena says it's fine. Sure...