2010 Qantas Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix

w00t w00t Reb Bull 1-2, well done to Vettel and Webber...bring on the race!

Yeah it's not cheap - but I have it and it's awesome - particularly for when I'm not home and a session is on :)

It's free to install anyway, and for data charges i'm covered as my plan has 12GB of data usage.

Back to the topic, looks like the Red Bulls are really stonking fast. Alonso's pushing the Ferrari real hard too but RBR has the edge. I hope Mark Webber wins though.

I think we're seeing a gradual change in the winds now. No longer are Ferrari and McLaren the main powers. If this goes on, I have a feeling Raikkonen will want to join RB for sure. And on one of the threads here I read that RB has 2x the downforce compared to other cars. If that's true, then RB are looking strong for a Constructors.

Vettel's pole was bloody impressive. If he didn't push it too hard, he would have gotten it even faster.

Somehow I feel the race will be very boring. And maybe wish that they should just convert the race into a qualifying time-attack session instead of the boring drabble seen in Bahrain.

Last edited:
Lotus' closer to Q2 than they are to the HRTs. That is good going I would say.

11th place :( I really wonder what happened there, as he was quick all weekend and even in Q1. As for Red Bull, I was hoping Webber would get it, but Vettel had an amazing lap, bordering on scary. Hope it rains tomorrow for obvious reasons, but should be a good race regardless :D

Traffic, bad luck, frustration, and then lack of concentration

After I come home from a crappy shift at work, I find out that Red Bull takes the first row (finally Webber's got going), Hammy in 11th, Button in 4th, the Ferrari men still up there and Barichello, Kubica and Sutil get in the top 10. Wow, this has brighten my day. Actually, make that night.

Red Bulls are very fast, great laps by Vettel and Webber. Also Alonso and Button did a good job. Sadly Massa was 0.6s behind his teammate, I didn't expect he will be that far behind Alonso, but probably we have to wait for couple more races to judge. Of course the biggest surprise was Lewis, but I hope thanks to that he'll bring some action during the race and will be on new tyres too. As for the tyres, Sutil was on medium or hard compound?

This F1 2010 mobile app looks like a good idea (and it's free). You can have live timing without computer. Only funny think was that I couldn't login there because I was unable to write 'z' in my login. :D Hope they've fixed that in a new version.

Excellent stuff, the Red Bull's look really quick, might be difficult to catch them and ALO Vera at the front. There's still a pretty large gap between them and Button etc from 4th down, but hopefully the rest can keep up with better race pace. Glad I got up early now.

Anyone else notice the Red Bull guy who seems to be desperate to get on TV?

Paul Morris Motorsport (V8 Supercar team) has been lending a hand to one of the F1 teams... But the V8SC website seems to have got the team name horribly wrong...

https://pic.armedcats.net/g/gt/gti138/2010/03/27/Untitled-1.jpg

Source

There's also 2 F1 iPhone apps. There's the free one that I've got but haven't used much yet and there's the one made by softpauer (here) that was A$29.00 for the 2010 season - that has live tracking of the cars on circuit. I've got this one as I got a free iTunes voucher so thought why not it's effectively free. I'm really happy with it but not sure i'd part big $ for it. It is handy to use when i'm at work/out though!

Red Bulls are very fast, great laps by Vettel and Webber. Also Alonso and Button did a good job. Sadly Massa was 0.6s behind his teammate, I didn't expect he will be that far behind Alonso, but probably we have to wait for couple more races to judge. Of course the biggest surprise was Lewis, but I hope thanks to that he'll bring some action during the race and will be on new tyres too. As for the tyres, Sutil was on medium or hard compound?

This F1 2010 mobile app looks like a good idea (and it's free). You can have live timing without computer. Only funny think was that I couldn't login there because I was unable to write 'z' in my login. :D Hope they've fixed that in a new version.

Sutil never came out in Q3...He'll be on brand new hard ones tomorrow I guess. I'm kinda starting to like him as a midfielder...

I want 20 minutes of dry, 30 minutes of wet, 21 minutes dry, 15 minutes wet and the rest dry.

Yeah. I think it was quite strategic of them, but sad as well. They know they can't compete with the ones at the top, so Sutil just did a easy flying lap and so has better tires. Here's WISH and HOPING he doesn't get into an accident ... again.

Unfortunately, P10 into the first corner at Melbourne is nearly always a recipe for potential disaster. And the first corner tomorrow morning is going to be pretty barmy, I gotta say.

It was very late in the session, I think he only left the pits with about 3 minutes to go. But the lap is recorded in the live timing, so it existed.

I am pretty certain that at one point in Q3 Sutil bumped Kubica from 9th to 10th, but a short time later Kubica retook his 9th place.

Well, at least for qualifying, I got the interlopers correct... I even got the McLaren being out of the top 10 right....

WRONG F*#($&@* MCLAREN :cry: