2010 Qantas Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix

What a cracking race! Except I have just developed a hate for the strategists at McLaren and for Mark freaking Webber. Lewis had this race in his grasp, they just took it away. :(

What a race that was! Good call from Button on the tyres. Most unfortunate for Webber and Hamilton, they seemed to get the shit end of things.
Who was the MP presenting the trophy to Button and why did he get booed?

What a frustrating race for Red Bull...good race overall though, just not the results I was hoping for!

What a race that was! Good call from Button on the tyres. Most unfortunate for Webber and Hamilton, they seemed to get the shit end of things.
Who was the MP presenting the trophy to Button and why did he get booed?

That would be my Premier of my state, John Brumby. A really lousy Premier. Funny how Button gets the Premier of our state and Kubica gets John Travolta :lol:

About the race and all I can say is that there seems to be something wrong with the Red Bulls. I just hope they can solve it ASAP. Button did a great job strategically, not so for Hamilton. And massive Kudos to Kubica finishing 9th, also to the Ferraris, which seemed to struggle in the first half but finished in the top 5.

And yeah, Hamilton drove his arse off. He deserves better attention to the strategists if he's driving like that.

Last edited:
It's a real shame as well, cause as Hamilton said it was one of the best drives he's done. Incredible. Same goes for Webber. Except he deserves it because of his major cock up at the end.

great race! So much action and so much to be discussed about strategies and accidents. Sorry about Vettel, though.

Really chuffed here, that after so long both of the Ferraris finished Australia. Thank god. Massa really stuck in there, but Alonso was just amazing, he was effectively last and came all the way to 4. Kubica pushed the Renault to 2nd, also amazing.
Shame that Schuey got knocked at the beginning ( same goes for Alonso; cheers Button :[ ) he could have got much more points.

Too bad we didn't get anymore background on the Kobayashi incident, that was spectacular! :D

The race didn't exactly go well for him to begin with.

Bloody Good Race. Stuning drive from Lewis Hamilton, Feel really sorry for Vettel, Well done to Button.

First of all, that was a great race. It was an excellent drive by Button - I really loved watching him cruise around so smoothly, it was just unfortunate that he was in a McLaren. Kubica was brilliant as well. He had a cracking start and did well to hold onto P2.

It was a horrible race for the Ferraris, but they did well to salvage 3rd and 4th. It was an especially good job by Fernando, who came back from dead last after his turn 1 spin, to get P4. Felipe did not look comfortable at all but, again, he did well to hold on.

What a disappointing race for the Red Bulls. I mean we all knew it was inevitable that Webber would crash but Vettel's off was really unfortunate. And what a completely idiotic drive by Hamilton. Okay, so pitting for a second time was a mistake but he was much, much quicker than the Kubica-Massa-Alonso trio and should have passed them. But all he did was get upset by his strategy, blamed the team on the radio and wore-out his near perfect tires. This made him lose much of the advantage he had over Fernando. It was just as well that Webber put him out of his misery. Fernando drove beautifully to hold off the rampaging Hamilton. Even with his worn tires, he drove smoothly and without much mistake to keep Hamilton at bay for over 10 laps.

And I'm tremendously happy about Liuzzi getting some point for Force India, and seeing The Lotus of Heikki and the HRT of Karun finish. Overall it was a good race.

We are blessed with rain! God that made the race awesome :D When Button pitted for the dry tyres I was very WTF, but then 2 laps later and he's going berserk on everyone and half of em pit out of his way, great action on track and he's second, that was bloody great. Then Vettel with the horrible luck again although he was dominating with no problem again, he will be world champion because he definitely drives like one.

Massa was hugely slow for the first half of the race, he was second and continued to drop down the ranks...looked like a Lotus somehow managed to get up there, was disgraceful to be taught how to drive by your pit crew midway through the race (you need to get on the throttle later in the last corner?!? He's supposed to figure that out alone) after that he managed to somehow hold his position, Alonso was friggin awesome from the moment he crashed with Schumi, he overtook so many people on track all the way from last (I think) to 4th.

Webber pissed me off with that stupid crash into Hamilton who was driving like a machine out there, I thought that after Hamilton got out of the pit with a cold set of tyres and Webber was no more than 2 seconds behind with a better set and a RedBull he was done for it but he actually started opening a gap from Webber till they reached Roseberg, then after all that work Webber smashes him from behind in a very irresponsible way, annoying.

Freakin fun race in the end, bless us with light showers and we shall have a proper racing series :D

So F1 isn't boring any more? :) It's funny that streets around the park are better race track than professional design.

Nice strategy move by Button, to be honest when he gone off after the change I thought "why the hell did they change that tyres". Nevertheless it looks that Jenson is very light on tyres in comparison with Lewis. Robert had great race and I'm so happy for him. Renault doesn't look that bad now. Alonso is very fast, easily faster than Felipe. Too bad they had collision with Jenson. Webber made so many mistakes, he is fast, he has the fastest car on the grid, but he just have to be more cautious. Vettel and his bad luck... but cars not only need to be fast, they need to reliable. As for Schumacher - maybe he needs more time, but he just doesn't look that fast now.

And what a completely idiotic drive by Hamilton. Okay, so pitting for a second time was a mistake but he was much, much quicker than the Kubica-Massa-Alonso trio and should have passed them. But all he did was get upset by his strategy, blamed the team on the radio and wore-out his near perfect tires. This made him lose much of the advantage he had over Fernando. It was just as well that Webber put him out of his misery.

Don't be silly mate. You need to be 3 seconds faster to overtake they said, which is ridiculous. Hamilton was by far the quickest man out there today, and drove exceptionally the whole race making no mistakes whatsoever. As for keeping his head, it's true he should have. But to be honest, he can't blame him, they robbed him of the win. Fernando also got all angry telling them to stop telling him how close Lewis was, that doesn't mean his drive was crap. Remember also that if you critisise Lewis for nt passing Alonso in 8 laps, you've got to smash Alonso for not passing Massa all race. Give respect where respect is due. ;)

Must download the race from the net. Stupid commercial Television putting ads in crucial points of the race.

Thank god I support more than a couple of drivers. Poor Seb, twice in a freaking row...ughghghg! :cry:
Mark just f'ed up all by himself. He was clearly coming in too hot to avoid Hamilton, and I'm prefectly prepared to say it was his fault. Webber and Melbourne just don't go well together.. at all. :lol: Alonso was unlucky, and poor Kamikaze Koba undone by that egg-shell fragile Sauber. Dammit! :mad:

Anyway, still what an absolutely awesome race, I actually LOST COUNT of the overtaking moves I saw. :blink: This is more like it! Melbourne should never has lost out to Bahrein as the first GP of the year,and this just makes it all the more glaringly obvious.

Finally....CONGRATS JENSON!! Woohooo! :clap::banana: He handled that wonderfully, his style is almost beautiful to watch. (Although, he could have done that without spinning Fernando around at the start. Oops!) It was also nice to see Kubica back on the podium too, and Felipe did really well to keep Fernando behind him, I have no idea how he held it when he brushed the astroturf...what a save! :shock:

Last edited:
Someone really is obsessed with Lewis here. ;p

j/k