2010 Shirts

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)
'13 Moto Guzzi V7, '08 Pontiac Solstice GXP
This maybe a bit premature, but lets go ahead and do some brain storming a bit earlier than usual.

We really should have a shallow grave/Parkinsons themed shirt.

Dr_Grip

Made from concentrate
DONOR
Car(s)
1979 Opel Kadett | 1972 Ford Country Sedan
How about a Dogleg themed shirt? :|
If we were going to do a Finalgear forums shirt, not a Finalgear shirt, a "greatest misses"-shirt with some famous last words (maybe even one or another thing that's funny for the outsider, too) by banned users would really work as an idea.

We got so many great crackheads here that got the ban hammer down on them, there should be some great material...

ninjacoco

puffalump? inquire here!
DONOR
Car(s)
'10 Lulzcer GTS, '84 Porschelump 944, '71 VW 411
Shallow grave with a dog leg sticking out of it. Gravestone reads: "Because of Parkinson's." Bwahahahaha.

Do want.

Heathrow

Yes, as in the airport.
Car(s)
1995 BMW 325i SE
The wot-leg ?.. ?
* brain synchronising *
* ching *

The gearbox, the nutter and the MB-Cossie. :rolleyes:

<-----------Same page now, thanks. :lol:

eddysdaman

Car(s)
Clue: It has boost.
An idea, not a strong one but one none the less.

The forums (as we now know them) first opened sometime in 2005 .... yes? (I think anyway)

2010 - 2005 = 5 years.

What about some kind of 5th Anniversary FG Special?

Last edited:

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)
'13 Moto Guzzi V7, '08 Pontiac Solstice GXP
It will also be Quiky's 15th year anniversary for membership.

DanRoM

Forum Addict
Car(s)
MX-5 ND, CBF1000 & two bikes
Waiting for IceBone themed shirt...
A deer crossing a street in a wood would suffice.

Or a cockpit perspective with a SatNav showing "go straight on" and a roundabout directly in front of the car, distorted by the speed of the moving car...

Both work as insider jokes, but can't be explained to outsiders, sadly.

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
DONOR
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.

Or a cockpit perspective with a SatNav showing "go straight on" and a roundabout directly in front of the car, distorted by the speed of the moving car...

Who cares if they?re inside jokes? We would still buy it and laugh.

NAIDANAC A

Car(s)
300E

Yeah, but the "Usual Suspects" shirt, and "I was the Stig" shirts are both REALLY REALLY inside jokes as well. Nobody but 2 of my friends gets them.

smib

is a big honkin' homo
Car(s)
2010 Mazda3
Don't forget 'utter pirates', or 'glitter pirates', according to a woman from work.

brydie76

Viva Las Clarksonistas!
Car(s)
2012 Suzuki Swift Sport/Aprilia Sportcity 200
^ We need to get you a T-shirt that says that. It would go very well with your new title :p

Dr_Grip

Made from concentrate
DONOR
Car(s)
1979 Opel Kadett | 1972 Ford Country Sedan
Actually, the reason why the new shirts sold so damn well was because they were Top Gear in-jokes, not Final Gear in-jokes. We got away with it cause we did not actually violate any BBC trademarks, but what the shirts were were Top Gear-themed shirts. That's why Quiky sold 1000+ shirts, and that's why we got so many people with single-digit post counts in the order threads. And that's why some morons tried to scam Quiky out of his money. Forum regulars would not do that.

I vote to get back to doing FinalGear-themed shirts. If no one gets it? Fine! Having random persons yell "WOOOO! FinalGear!" at motoring-related events and wearing a shirt no one gets the rest of the time is perfectely fine with me.

We should see this shirts not only as a fundraiser, but also as some kind of wearable membership card/t-shirt-size ID tag for forum members. The workshirts are sorta kinda like this: A shirt a elite (1337!) group can use to recognize each other even without knowing their faces. Sadly, it was a bit too elite to make Quiky any money. The "utter pirates" one, on the other hand, worked well for both sides.

Last edited:

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
And that's why some morons tried to scam Quiky out of his money.
Wait, what?

BTW, because we sold so many shirts is the reason why we could afford the new server to keep this site online. ;)

Jay

the fool on the hill
I vote to get back to doing FinalGear-themed shirts. If no one gets it? Fine! Having random persons yell "WOOOO! FinalGear!" at motoring-related events and wearing a shirt no one gets the rest of the time is perfectely fine with me.
Had someone yell that to me at Road America last August, when I was wearing the "utter pirates" shirt.