2010 Shirts

BTW, because we sold so many shirts is the reason why we could afford the new server to keep this site online. ;)

Good reason for another go.

//Proud owner of the Careless Air workshirt. :p

Had someone yell that to me at Road America last August, when I was wearing the "utter pirates" shirt.

I have still yet to have anyone do that to me. :(

You're in no man's land. Head North or South and you'll run into someone here. :p

It you're really into Ice theme shirt, skull and cross antlers is the way to go. But i'm all for adapting some more of of the later TG stuff into shirts, like "I drive a Nissank/Toybota" and whatnot or Greatest driving road in the world shirts with the route of Stelvio and Transfigarasan on them. Or a smoking Lancia silhouette with "Best carmaker in the world" caption :p

It you're really into Ice theme shirt, skull and cross antlers is the way to go. But i'm all for adapting some more of of the later TG stuff into shirts, like "I drive a Nissank/Toybota" and whatnot or Greatest driving road in the world shirts with the route of Stelvio and Transfigarasan on them. Or a smoking Lancia silhouette with "Best carmaker <dramatic pause> in the world" caption :p

Fixt :p

On Finalgear vs vague TopGear reference ... I?d say a mix would be good. The whole careless Air thing alone is much too awsome to let that go and switch to forum insiders only ...

It has to stay vague / reference it indirectly. The Top Gear logo, hosts, and the Stig are all trademarks or whatnot. The Usual Suspects shirt was pushing it a bit I bet.

It has to stay vague / reference it indirectly. The Top Gear logo, hosts, and the Stig are all trademarks or whatnot. The Usual Suspects shirt was pushing it a bit I bet.
Of course ... but like with the careless air shirts: I think that didn?t only go well but I think it?s a level of reference that honors the show more in a sense that it copies from it. Not only is it legally "safe", but it?s also showing those who do the show that people will be inspired by them to come up with something for themselves.

Last edited:
There are a couple of things that we could've used if they hadn't already passed, the Dacia 'Great news!' Sandero and 'I'm wearing this for a bet'. Yes this post was entirely useless.

Well maybe not entirely. I think we should focus on an upcoming (;)) TG event so we're ahead of the game. Obviously this needs to be spoilered.

With TG climbing the volcano that went off, I immediately blamed Jeremy. So I'm picturing a volcano with a big red button on the side, a 'Do not press this button' sign and an oversized Hilux parked on said button.

I'll do a hand sketch.

one more vote for the "vague TG reference" in favour of "vague FG reference"
But I do want a shirt with a deer and a crashed Audi though

Here's a rough idea of what I was thinking of:
8yoR7.jpg

Start your designs and ideas.. we may hold a shirt competition again in a month or two.

LC2? meh, not enough people will get it, rather do a Stratos, silhouetted in italian colours

Here's a rough idea of what I was thinking of:
8yoR7.jpg
Something like that definetly ...
maybe work the impossible hilux destruction into it somehow ... "hilux vs volcano - 1:0" ... oh and the soccer world-cup is coming up ... and doctor who is back going "it?s volcano day", ignore the last one - wrong forum :)
To spinn that idea a little further - try to visualize this: on the front, 3 squares on the chest, drawingstyle like roadsigns (basic, thick lines) - one with a pickup shape half drowing in the sea, one with said shape hitting a tree, one with a Caravan falling on it an (polar) bear chasing the pickup-shape. On the backside one square with a pickup at the base of a volcano - "Defying nature - how hard can it be?".

Front: "The best site"
Back: "In the world"
:p
:lol: ... even some members here will struggle with that though :jeremy:

Last edited:
I love both those ideas Adunaphel :D

Maybe this thread should be moved to Off-Topic and Sticky'd.