2010 SingTel Singapore Grand Prix

god damned spanjard :D

well, congrats to him

Missed qualy...
What happened with Massa? FFS can't our luck turn for once?
Alonso and this track are just something weird. For better or worse (crashgate), the guy is very good in this one. Lets hope he wins tomorrow, would be even better for the championship.

^the car halted in the middle of the track and had to be lifted away

it's probably due to gearbox problems...

(perfect time to change the engine...)

I think that it's a good time to use a knackered engine with Massa, since any meaningfull progress is not probable in Singapore. Better to save the good engines and just trash an uncertain one.

Top 3 all said they had a little more time in their pockets so it seems that what used to be a 1-2 second gap is no more. Reasonably happy with the quali results.

Looks that Massa doesn't have good season this year. I think now it will be best to take 9th engine since he is last anyway. It will be bonus engine for free (without any real penalty).
On the other hand, great quali by Alonso, I wasn't expecting that. But the most important is fact that RBR, McLaren and Ferrari are all very close and the fight for the championship will be great to the end of the season.
Oh, and nice one by Kobayashi, earlier Sauber was rubbish at tracks like Singapore.

Looks that Massa doesn't have good season this year. I think now it will be best to take 9th engine since he is last anyway. It will be bonus engine for free (without any real penalty).
On the other hand, great quali by Alonso, I wasn't expecting that. But the most important is fact that RBR, McLaren and Ferrari are all very close and the fight for the championship will be great to the end of the season.
Oh, and nice one by Kobayashi, earlier Sauber was rubbish at tracks like Singapore.

Terrible time to take the ninth engine! He's dead last, they should just stick an old unit in and see what happens. It's going to be hard scoring decent points so they might as well use an older engine and save what they have left.

Jeez that was intense. Good race tomorrow I think. Even if it stays dry...which it hopefully won't...

They have 8 engines available and both Massa and Alonso used them all. 9th engine comes with 10 place drop, but when Massa is last anyway they can take 9th engine without any real penalty. That's what I'm talking about. De la Rosa did the same, he was last after quali and took 9th engine for free.

I wasn't expecting the top three teams to be so close on time. I thought McLaren would be at least 0.5 sec back on Red Bull with Ferrari somewhere in the middle. It bodes well for McLaren as this should be their weakest race of the remaining tracks.

Ferrari will do what I said. They'll give Massa new (9th) engine. BTW, his problem was gearbox related, so they'll also give him a new one.

With Yamamoto not there I'm going to have to pick someone else for the old 'putting it in the wall' trick. I reckon either Petrov or Alonso - irony FTW! (no, I don't actually wish that on either of them, but I just know that someone will do it).

I hope it's not dry for tonight. Otherwise I'm really worried it's going to be very processional and boring. :-( That said, I do echo the sentiments that the cars look fantastic under the lights. :drool:

Last edited:
It's 2.34pm here and the sky is a clear blue. Sun's shining as bright as it can possibly shine. I don't think we'll be getting the afternoon thunderstorms that we've been getting the past few days.

What is making me very happy is Wunderground's Sunday night forecast.

Hoping it comes true.

You know, I got to let this out somewhere but..

God damn RBR's livery suck ! Their color scheme totally covers all the minor updates, contours and all ! You know the RB6 is almost undistinguishable from the RB5 at one glance ! Man...

[Barney Stintson S06E01] I wanna see all the updates~!! [/Barney Stintson S06E01]