2010 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Special Edition

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
You guys do not know how bad I want one of these. Actually, I can tell you: I'd actually get my license if I could afford one of these. Yes, that bad.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/03/subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-special-edition-los-angeles-pricing/

So often, the tag of "Special Edition" comes with a not-so-special price increase. Fortunately for Subaru fans, the newly-introduced Impreza WRX STI Special Edition is actually less costly. At $32,995 it's actually $2,000 cheaper than the base price of the standard STI.

Of course, buyers of the Special Edition will have to go without certain features, namely HID headlights, premium audio, and automatic climate control. It's not just a de-contented package, though, as the car also comes with the suspension from the spec C model in Japan that includes a thicker rear stabilizer bar, stiffer bushings and stiffer springs.

Initially, each car will be painted in Aspen white with the charcoal-colored 14-spoke wheels also cribbed from the spec C. Just 125 examples will be built in the first quarter of 2010, although Subaru says that more will be available later in the year in additional colors. High-res gallery below, pricing press release available after the jump.

stisela09_01.jpg

stisela09_03.jpg

stisela09_07.jpg

stisela09_08.jpg

stisela09_11.jpg

DO WANT.

I am a sucker for white cars...:drool:

I dig the wheels, but I'd rather have all of the upgrades than the suspension/performance upgrades, just because I know the standard STI is already more talented than I am. :p

This honestly hast to be the first performance car that got stripped out and improved but the price also went down.

^ Yep.

It's funny how this looks so good. We've been bashing the new Impreza and STi here cheerfully but now when I look at that - or a normal blue STi it actually looks pretty damn good.
Okay, the standard Impreza still sucks.

This may be a bit bias, but I believe that that is 'Bite the back of your hand' beautiful. And also a massive case of DO WANT!

fax44x.jpg

This honestly hast to be the first performance car that got stripped out and improved but the price also went down.

The Gallardo Balboni would like to have a word with you :p

While the look of the latest STI has grown on me a bit, I still think its ugly. The price is great for this car, but throwing a slightly stiffer suspension on a car and stripping out the HID's, a few speakers and making the climate control manual instead of automatic hardly seems like "stripping it down" to me. It is essentially what my WRX is right now, does that mean I can call it a special edition? Seems more like STI basic model to me. Its good that they lowered the price, cause otherwise its just stupid.

JH

I used to hate it, but now it's REALLY grown on me. Infact I prefer the 5-door to the 4-door version of the Impreza.

It is essentially what my WRX is right now...

It is, but...it isn't. There are so many small, subtle changes that make the difference from a WRX to an STi.

Do hope the dealer I work for gets one. We are small, but nationally known for taking care of the flaky, eccentric people that are Subaru owners.

I used to hate it, but now it's REALLY grown on me. In fact I prefer the 5-door to the 4-door version of the Impreza.

Isn't that weird how that works? You have to give an Impreza about 2-3 years before they seem attractive; I for am baffled how they do it with every model change.

Last edited:
So it's the STI MAD JDM YO edition. Alright.

You missed the last 10 words of the name :p use any from this pile(FQ, MR, ZX, ST, FR and so on)

from wiki
The EVO VIII RS Edition (2003-2006) does not come with power windows, locks, or mirrors, an audio system, rear wing, sound deading material, map lamps or an anti-lock braking system. All Evo VIII RS models sold in the US have an air conditioning system.

Plus it had a front helical LSD instead of the GSR's open front diff and it was cheaper by about 5k IIRC