Autoblog: 2010 Suzuki Kizashi

Wait...what?

Wow I'm quite impressed. The low-end makers are really stepping up their game it seems.

Of all the people to go and make an interesting mid-size ... Suzuki? Wow. It never made sense to me how a company that makes such fun motorcycles makes such boring little cars.

My family's had 4 Suzukis (2nd generation 4 door Swift, 1st generation pre-facelift Grand Vitara, 2nd generation pre-facelift Grand Vitara and a 2nd generation facelifted Grand Vitara), and we've only had problems with one of them (The 1st gen Grand Vitara), and it was seven years old before it acted up and they were caused by the previous owner, who, according to the dealer, must have towed things heavier than recommended, which damaged some parts quite a bit. The dealer replaced some before they sold it to us (It was 2 years old when we bought it), but didn't see the damage of the particular bit that broke. I believe it was part of the transmission. I haven't heard any horror stories from other people either.

So far I haven't heard much about the SX-4 having problems.

I've just heard that Suzuki isn't the most reliable brand.

180-200 HP 2.4L not bad. Numbers are not official yet.

That's more than the Honda 2.4.

At first I thought it was gonna be a new sportbike,
then I saw the picture and was disappointed,
then i read the text and was happy again.

Man that thing looks good, all it needs its a whopping big turbo.

Last edited:
Euro-spec (washers and no orange)
2010kizashi_official009.jpg

All it needs is a bit of Rudolf
https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2009/07/31/150px-Diesel_1883.jpg

Also the boot hinges suck.

Last edited:
As a new member of the Suzuki Owners Club, this car is relevant to my interests. I think it looks fantastic and if my 9 year old Swift is anything to go off of, it should be a great value and quite well made.

Well, I've always wondered how they could make the Swift, and then such a bunch of dull cars before and after that :)

Regarding reliability, our 2006 swift has 52k KM now and no problems. That means nothing of course, but I wouldn't worry hat much about reliability.. :)

I am totally test driving this when it hits Aussie land.

And that's quite a good motor, but I think the Zuki will have more torque than big brother Honda.

Honda's 2.4L doesn't impress me in the latest Accord, it seems to lack the sort of torque to really get it going. The problem is, they've managed to wring out 190bhp (EX trim), but it's all around 6,000rpm so it's not practical.

Yeah that's probably for the second year though. First year of production will just be the 4.

This is from Brea? I go there every week.

Very Jetta-esque, but better. Also, BMW must have sold all of their CSL trunks...for some reason, that was the second thing that really stuck out to me. That, and the seats look like they belong in a BMW and the E-Brake is almost identical to the one in my car. Nicely done 'Zuki, hope that it goes as good (or better) than it looks. The SX4 was a great starting point and this indicates that they're still headed in the right direction.

Funny thing is, this new Suzuki reminds me of the Chevrolet Cruze. Isn't Suzuki a GM brand? Does this car shares something with the Cruze?