2010 Viper Final Edition :( RIP

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Yeah, another fucking Viper thread. My forums, so suck it. :p

Anyway, great color combination and I love the rims!

2010-dodge-viper-final-edition-large.jpg

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/04/06/dodge-slithers-out-new-2010-viper-final-edition/

Someone buy me one? :( (or three)

Viper, Final(gear) edition? :p

uh, the last real musclecar is facing its last salute. This I'm affraid, is the end of an era. In future, we'll have Diesel Mustangs, electric Camaro's and hybrid Corvettes.... urgh.

The Viper will be missed. Such a raw, visceral, brutish sports car. I'm not sure if the world is capable of such a creation anymore. It's too 'irresponsible.'

This is very sad to me on a few levels. You see through the car itself. You see the engineering, and more importantly, the engineers themselves. This was their masterpiece, and in a way, themselves embodied through their hard work. Through no fault of their own, (indeed they did a fantastic job on a consistent basis) the dream is dead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay
I'm sure I read somewhere they were bringing the viper back in a few years but obviously it won't be as good as the current one. unless it happened a few years ago before the world went fucked.

Bad news but it just leaves me wondering and fearing the replacement...

In 20-30 years, they will probably use the Viper name on a small two seater electric hybrid or something.

The Viper will be back. It isn't a threat to Ferrari. I don't see anyone cross shopping the two of them.

Isn't the Devon GTX supposed to be the next car to carry the Viper name (although it probably won't be with Chrysler)?

Devon_GTX_01_1920x1200.jpg

Devon_GTX_03_1920x1200.jpg

It certainly looks the part! :D

Last edited:
I'm sure I read somewhere they were bringing the viper back in a few years but obviously it won't be as good as the current one. unless it happened a few years ago before the world went fucked.

Bad news but it just leaves me wondering and fearing the replacement...

IIRC there will be another Viper in a few years. Chrysler is working with Fiat (and presumably Ferrari) to make the next Viper.

Isn't the Devon GTX supposed to be the next car to carry the Viper name (although it probably won't be with Chrysler)?

99% sure Devon said that car is dead as more than just using the Viper engine, it's literally based on the Viper (chassis, etc.)

Ah well, it had a good run. Best to end it now, before it becomes a luxury GT or a watered down version of it once was.

1984-1988 300ZX comes to mind....

Yep. I believe Devon even tried to buy it when Chrysler was selling the brand pandering to the government.

Ah well, it had a good run. Best to end it now, before it becomes a luxury GT or a watered down version of it once was.

1984-1988 300ZX comes to mind....

This.

It leaves us with its dignity intact. Farewell, you crazy, uncompromising muscle car, you.

Oh God watisdis your avatar + title...