n30rd1.jpg

2vsqfex.jpg

2m6mvjs.jpg

- On sale on Europe next Spring 2010
- 5,25m long
- 1150 Kg cargo, capable of towing 2800 Kg
- ABS turns off
- ESP, hill descent control
- 2 Turbocharged diesel engines: 2.0 liter 163cv 400Nm of torque (7,6 liters/100 kilometers, 199 g/km CO2) and later a 4 cilinder 122cv
- 4x2, 4x4

:cool:

And as always, we won't see it here in the States <_<

^Yeah, but at least you can get something bigger and more powerful for what this will be sold over here(~25k euros for the quad cab, that's ~$37k). On the truck, that's really nice, I want to see how that competes against my favorite, the Hilux. Amongst the competitions there's the L200, with questionable styling, and the Navara(we don't get the 4.0, the only engine for that one) and the Isuzu Rodeo, which is rather nice really.

Last edited:
I'm not exactly a fan of trucks, but I actually quite like this.

Approved.

That's actually pretty nice. I wonder if we can convince VW to import it...

...then again, we've been trying with the Scirocco, and they haven't budged. :glare:

I'm not exactly a fan of trucks, but I actually quite like this.

Approved.

Yeah. I generally don't like pickups, but my normal objections "runs on the wrong fuel, uses a billion liters/100km, looks ostensible" etc doesnt work here. It's even pretty utilitarian. Weird place to put the indicators tho, I don't like VW's position on that. Hard to see when it's competing with the much brighter headlights.

Last edited:
Weird place to put the indicators tho, I don't like VW's position on that. Hard to see when it's competing with the much brighter headlights.

The white bit at the bottom of the wing mirrors should be indicators as well, those will be easily visible from the front.

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2009/12/01/amarok_000.jpg

Couldnt come up with any other tagline but
Buy the 2010 Amarok
OR TOR WILL DESTROY YOU

Last edited:
I love it... I REALLY hope that thing makes it to the USA, it has some big potential!

Weird place to put the indicators tho, I don't like VW's position on that. Hard to see when it's competing with the much brighter headlights.
It's not just VW, other companies do that too. I guess it's the reason for the additional indicators in the wing mirrors so that they can be seen from in front of the car instead of behind the front wheels like it used to be. Has the "nice" effect that replacing defective broken mirrors becomes more and more expensive.

It would have been awesomer if they actually used Norse names. Who wouldn't want a pickup truck named Freyr or Heimdall, or better yet, Fenrir or Mj?llnir?
Never mind the pickup... :clarkson: ...don't forget the TVR Valhalla!

Although, realistically, that's a name Koenigsegg should have had. Especially if it's going to throw you into a tree and burnt into flames. It's a unique selling point. "Comes complete with its own Viking funeral!"

In the absence of any Norse-named cars, this will have to do:

105_0523.jpg

I don't think adding a few LEDs will add much to your heated, electrically adjustable, electrically foldable wing mirror :lmao:

As a cyclist I approve of as many indicators as possible, if only motorists would consistently use them...