2011-2012 NHL Regular Season Thread

Bolts are looking goooooooooddddd

Bolts are looking goooooooooddddd

3-2 with some pretty lopsided wins, does indeed look good for you. Pens, though...5-0 so far, with one of those W's being a 4-1 over the Wild with all four of our goals being PPGs. It's so nice to have a working power play again!

Last edited:
3-2 with some pretty lopsided wins, does indeed look good for you. Pens, though...5-0 so far, with one of those W's being a 4-1 over the Wild with all four of our goals being PPGs. It's so nice to have a working power play again!

i dont speak of a record that involves 4 goalies in one game playing for one team or a bunch of kids that may never see "the show" playing on my team but i speak of the way they played, they looked good infront of the net and they looked great on defence.

Wow, what are the chances that both our and the Canucks' first goals would be from the goal line to the left of the goalie, and the goalies' legs are what pushed the puck in net? I love how Fleury just dropped his stick, picked up the puck, and threw it out of the net in disgust :lol:

:lol:

Yeah, both teams have a little rust they need to get rid off. It's the first game of the season, what do you expect?
That said, Fleury seems to be having a better start than last year (that was a disaster for him).

[EDIT]

So I don't double-post, I'll just edit this...

SHOOTOUT VICTORY FOR THE PENS!
5353.awww+yeah.jpg

...I still hate shootouts, though.

...and another round of applause for Vancouver. Well played everyone! Great game!

Last edited:
New-look Flyers top the reigning champs. What a way to ruin a cup ceremony :p

Shaky game for the Leafs as well. That 3rd period was god-awful, but at least we held on and got the win. You know, they say 4 point leads are always the toughest. :p Looking forward to the Jets game tomorrow! Go Jets Go!

Great game between the Penguins and the Panthers.

The last 2 minutes of the 3rd were intense! 6 on 4 and we still managed to keep the puck out, with some mad scrambling by Fleury.

...and in 2 days, we face our old rivals, the Caps. Go Pens!

- Dan

We've been busy; didn't even realize we have two games in hand to the rest of the division until I went to look at the standings.

By the way, Sik Pony, your division makes me laugh for its supreme orderliness:

6236517012_a75b08be7e.jpg

Yea, we may have lost the caps game based on the score but as far as everyone involved with the team is concerned we won that one. epic game.

wat. A loss is a loss. They don't count emotional victories in the standings.

Flyers have been looking a lot better than I imagined. Jagr and Giroux look like they have tons of fun playing together. Simmonds knows his role, and works hard down low. Read and Couturier are good 2-way players, good enough to be killing penalties and playing the power play. But of course, Bryz has been outstanding. I'm pleasantly surprised by their play so far, but we'll see how the defense holds up (I'm looking at you, Pronger!).

Well, after not playing since Saturday night, the Preds have their home opener tonight against the Coyotes. They've looked good so far, but against teams like Columbus or St. Louis, that should be expected. If they go into Vancouver next Thursday at anything less than 5-0-0, I'll be disappointed.

Also, the game against Tampa Bay two weeks from now is a college night, so if one of my friends doesn't have to work I'll be taking in a hockey game on $15 tickets. :D