2011-2012 NHL Regular Season Thread

Well, it's official. Alexander Radulov is in Nashville. Some people are speculating the Jets on Saturday will be his first game, I think it could be Chicago or St. Louis.

Last edited:
I still don't see how this is within the rules,.... or fair.

You mean other than the fact he's been on the roster as a suspended player since he left? Or the fact that Nashville got jack-all when he decided to bolt for the motherland?

If Nashville had given up his rights or deactivated him, then it's a completely different story.

EDIT: This explains it much better than I can.

Last edited:
Yes, I know all about it. But he never played during the preseason or season. This is very similar to what happened with Jiri Hudler, and the Wings had to jump through some hoops to get him back for the full season. I don't see where the Preds had to do as much.

WARNING: Your eardrums may bleed after sitting through this.

...and I thought it was just me mishearing things. :blink:

March 26 marked the fifteenth anniversary of one of the most memorable hockey brawls in history: Fight Night at the Joe.

Desperation hockey coming up. Islanders must win tonight, and after allowing ourselves to be humiliated, we'll be out for crushing victory.

Today's game against the Flyers was a disappointment. Not just because we lost, but because it seems that once the Pens clinched the playoff spot, they just fell to pieces.

Honestly, I don't know what I was watching, but it sure as hell wasn't hockey. It was painful!
It wasn't just this game either, both games against the Islanders were a joke and the game against Buffalo was a mess.

Seriously, what the hell happened to the Pens? There's no defense whatsoever. They keep playing like this they won't survive the first round of the playoffs!

I have the same feeling about the Wings right now.

The "Central Division semifinals"* is going to come down to whoever plays better on a given night. Wings, Blackhawks, Predators, doesn't matter, they can all beat each other on the road or at home.

*Yes, I know more than two Central teams could make it out of round 1.

The Bolts eliminated my 2nd favorite team from contention :'(

As for the Pens game...ouch. We've made it virtually guaranteed that the Rangers will take the division, and barring us losing every game between now and next Saturday at the same time that the Devils win every last one of their games, we're in a 1st round matchup with a team that we have yet to beat in the new arena. Not looking good.

Red Wings get a win last night and it looks like they will be short a player due to a suspension I think he has earned.

^ Wow. I'm surprised it's only 1 game.

Anyway, things are locking down in the East:

>Boston is the #2 seed
>If the Rangers get just one point, or Pittsburgh loses, then the Rangers have the #1 seed and we're stuck in the 4-5 matchup.
>If the Flyers defeat the Rangers, and we lose in regulation, they take 4th spot.
>The Panthers need one point and a Buffalo loss to clinch a playoff spot, and a victory will clinch the Southeast title.