2011-2012 NHL Regular Season Thread

The Wings need to pull a rabbit out of the hat to get anything past the Preds goalie. If they don't, they are cooked.

...but what the hell is up with the Pens?

I think they let the "Crosby's back" shit get in their head and refuse to admit that they've cocked up and need serious work.

Honestly, only a miracle can save the Pens now.
I'm still fuming mad from Sunday's fiasco...

How many games will Torres get for that hit on Hossa you reckon? I see he's out indefinitely until his hearing on Friday.

Matt Cooke was handed 17 games for stupid shit like that last season. I'd be surprised if Torres gets a lighter sentence.

EDIT: TEN TO THREE :D! A WIN SO AWESOME IT MESSED UP THE NHL.COM SCOREBOARD
563427262.png

Last edited:
Just flipped over to see what the scores of the games tonight were... Pens 10 Flyers 3? :eek: Last time I saw it the goalie was getting pulled for Philly.

...guess my harsh pessimism was good for something. It's not the first time my pessimism preceded a Pens victory.
We've all got our own game-day/playoff superstitions, maybe this is mine for this year?

2009 - Don't watch the game on the telly, just listen to it on the radio (won).
2010 - Same as 2009, didn't really work.
2011 - Spend the whole game in the kitchen (didn't go through with it, maybe that's why we lost?).
2012 - Harsh pessimism (?)

Last edited:
No, that is just weird...

Not the NHL but former Ottawa and Montreal winger Andreas Dackell started started his career with a Swedish championship and ended it yesterday with a Swedish championship!
bif_sm_guld1.jpg

It's the guy standing on the bench to the right. He couldn't play due to a knee injury.

Holy mother of all hellfire, I'm pretty sure the entire city was having a heart attack through the third period of tonight's game (I know I was).

The refs nearly started a riot by somehow missing some blatantly obvious penalties. Pay attention you flaming idiots!

...and Fleury is back! He made some incredible saves.
This was his game!

We're still alive...barely. Game 6 here we come!

GO PENS!

Congratulations to the Predators and their fans.

The first game of that series was the worst game I have ever seen called at any level. The refs have been terrible throughout the playoffs, but that was a laughing stock.

Is it bad I was hoping for 7 games? Yeah, sure, I'm happy the Preds get a couple extra days of rest by being the first team into round 2, but there's something about a well-fought game 7 that just seems right. However, I must do this:

:dance:

I think they should have given him a suspension for the duration of Phoenix's playoff run, then apply the 25 game suspension at the start of the '12-'13 season. But in the long run, Shanahan made the right call.

I think they should have given him a suspension for the duration of Phoenix's playoff run, then apply the 25 game suspension at the start of the '12-'13 season. But in the long run, Shanahan made the right call.

This.

On another note, congrats to the Preds and Blues for advancing. Red Wings/Sharks fans, see you next year.