2011 24 Heures du Mans - 79th Grand Prix d'Endurance, June 11-12 - Race Week Thread

I stand corrected, there is a replay from outside the car from a CCTV camera.

The Ferrari turns in on the Audi, the Audi gets to the grass and shoots straight on. The Audi absolutely disintegrates, fortunately the safety cell did what it's supposed to do.

Two of the three Audi-boxes are closed, I'm not sure if the third will be closed soon, too. I wouldn't blame anyone pulling out of the race now.

please tell me that the Ferrari driver can be docked points of fined or something...

Two of the three Audi-boxes are closed, I'm not sure if the third will be closed soon, too. I wouldn't blame anyone pulling out of the race now.

Then again, that third Audi happens to lead the race. There's no way in hell they are pulling out, there's no point to do so since there is nothing in wrong with the cars themselves.

Just tuned in a few minutes ago. Nasty crash, glad to hear everyone is alright.

On a different note, it's dark and I thought I saw a VW Beetle race car, but it turned out to be a Porsche. :blush:

So, since I have some time on my hands in this saftycar period heres my setup in our living-room:
rgxati.jpg

+ A 46'' TV with the main race running as swell ;)

I really don't want to blame the guy for this (he is a a rookie afterall), I don't think he meant to hit the Audi on purpose.

Can't believe it happened again, glad to hear Rockenfeller is okay.

Whereas the first was a clear racing incident, I'm not so sure what to make of this. Rookies and gentleman drivers in slower GT cars up amongst the 200mph+ protos is nothing new but always a potent mix but I don't know if this is the case here.

Last edited:
why would audi pull out? not like any of the crashes were caused by fault at one of the cars...
and they're still leading!

I really don't want to blame the guy for this (he is a a rookie afterall), I don't think he meant to hit the Audi on purpose.

Obviously he didn't intentionally crash the Audi, he quite obviously did not know that the Audi was there and probably didn't expect Mike to make his move at that point.

ROFL, the safety car is running out of petrol so another safety car had to take over... :rofl:

God it's boring under the safety car...