2011 24 Heures du Mans - 79th Grand Prix d'Endurance, June 11-12 - Race Week Thread

Well done to everyone (except Aston Martin)!

Bourdais is not happy.

Congrats Audi! I usually root for the underdog, but that doesn't apply to the French. :p

And well done Corvette! :cool:

And now it's time for me to get some sleep!

What happend with Bourdais not being happy??

What happend with Bourdais not being happy??

Well, he's the third time only second, he's still waiting for a Le Mans-victory. After fighting so hard and making no mistakes it's pretty hard to lose by just 13 seconds.

That was absolutely epic. How the hell can a 24 hour sprint end with a 13 second gap??? That's less than 4 hundreds of a second per lap. At those speeds you can't even see that in a photofinish!

Would like to see some more manufacturers though. The Eurosport commentator was hinting that Porsche might build a prototype which would be brilliant, along with interest from Nissan and Toyota (bit harder to get excited about them though). More competition would be nice.

Well, he's the third time only second, he's still waiting for a Le Mans-victory. After fighting so hard and making no mistakes it's pretty hard to lose by just 13 seconds.

Yeah true, but at least im happy for him that he's doing better here than he did in F1 :p

Yay Audi!

Sucks that the pretty pink prototype bit the dust, though. Should've been the blocking Pug!

Last edited:
Sucks that the pretty pink prototype bit the dust, though. Should've been the blcoking Pug!

It struggled around and finished the race, although the last lap time was over 9 minutes. If the rules about last lap time are still in place, they can claim force majeure due to the issue they had, otherwise they're okay anyway since they finished.

EDIT: Last lap time for the 49 car listed as 9:14.763, compared to 4:11 for the LMP2 class winner and 3:36 and 3:34 for the two leading cars. Classified 5th in LMP2 out of 8 finishers.

Last edited:
Congrats to Audi, they def deserved it after the travesties they encountered in this year's race.

I wish Ferrari would get back into prototype racing...but that will never happen... :/ sucks

At least an F458 got second in GTE!

Last edited:
Would like to see some more manufacturers though. The Eurosport commentator was hinting that Porsche might build a prototype which would be brilliant, along with interest from Nissan and Toyota (bit harder to get excited about them though). More competition would be nice.

and the commenators said mazda was talking with ACO to be allowed to participate with a rotary again, and if they join, honda can't stay behind!

next year i'm staying awake for 24h! my friends condemned me for being a freak and streaming wherever i had internet access, but i don't give a damn!

Last edited:
and the commenators said mazda was talking with ACO to be allowed to participate with a rotary again

That'll probably be in LMP2 though, it's been regulated out of any kind of competitiveness in LMP1 engine regulations. And on another note, it would tie in with Patrick Dempsey's motorsport plans for 2012, he's on Mazda's payroll when it comes to motorsport PR.

And some stats from this race:

39 changes of lead between 4 cars, Audi no. 2 led the most laps (251). And a total of 4h53m under Safety Car conditions.

Also, least number of pitstops in the field = 21 for the #51 AF Corse Ferrari and the #70 Larbre Porsche.

http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers...011/24heures_du_mans/faits_course/stats24.pdf