2011 24 Heures du Mans - 79th Grand Prix d'Endurance, June 11-12 - Race Week Thread

otispunkmeyer

Car(s)
'03 Skoda Superb (farewell :(), '06 Honda Civic ES
Gay. I knew as soon as I stepped out the front door I'd miss something. When a replay of the crash surfaces please post it!! And pictures!

Dogbert

Helsinki Smash Rod
Car(s)
Roger Dean's Rocks
The #3 Audi is still running, according to the official timing... :lol:
You see a guy in the #3 pit put his goggles on and start getting ready in one of the reaction shots, as if it just needs to come to the pits and change tires.

racingfan1

That's what I've been doing. I was just wondering if it was site problems or just me, as I have 3 4 live feeds going. 3 video, and Radio Le Mans.

EDIT: Forgot a feed.

Last edited:

Loop

Car(s)
'74 BMW 2002
Damn, I had to go for a couple of hours and then everything goes insane. Typical...

Anyway, thank god McNish is alright. That was an unbelievably scary crash.

Jens

Car(s)
BMW 116d, W124 250D
The battle for first place will be interesting, Audi's are faster but Peugeots seem to have better fuel consumption..

Dual monitors ftw by the way :p

Also, IMO Eurosport coverage is pretty good this year, I like the commentators :)

Jay

the fool on the hill
I am still trying to understand what went on in Allan Mcnish's head. Had he waited for another 1000 meters, none of that would have happened.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Evel

Car(s)
2016 Chevrolet Colorado
I am still trying to understand what went on in Allan Mcnish's head. Had he waited for another 1000 meters, none of that would have happened.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.
I reckon he was expecting the Ferrari to continue going wide. There's a lot of pressure involved in the sport though so his decision wasn't necessarily well thought out.

Topgearfanatic

is a Queen
Car(s)
2002 Audi A4 1.8t
He couldn't see the Ferrari, saw his team mate wide, saw an opportunity to get in the lead, boom Ferrari.

What the hell is that jingle Radio Le Mans plays for their 92.1 Live at La Sarthe ad? I absolutely love it.

Last edited: