2011 Car Launches Thread

SpitfireMK461

Car(s)
2013 Mini Cooper S
Mclaren certainly wins the "What the hell does that do?" award. The side pods are very intriguing and the front wing has me scratching my head with how loaded it is.

Red_Bull

Gives you wings?
Car(s)
Holden Commodore SV6 MY14
Everything else that's slightly innovative is, particularly if it turns out to deliver an advantage.

Sir Stiggington

Car(s)
McLaren Mercedes MP4/23 :P
Well they weren't lying when they said it would be innovative. I love the wacky ideas, they really went for it. Just hope it works...

crookie

I don't think those sidepods are such "exploit" of the rules that they would be banned or anything like that. Just shaped a bit different.

About the plastic engine on the McLaren show car...this thing was rocking a plastic engine block and plastic conrods to name a few parts...back in 1984. Seemed to work just fine.

DaShowstoppa

Car(s)
2010 Vauxhall Astra 1.6L SRI
Some nice looking cars on the 2011 grid. I love the Renault, reminds me of the classic JPS cars of the late 70's to mid 80's. I wish the wings were black though.

Same for the Ferarri, I'd much prefer it to have black wings than white ones.

mpicco

Forum Addict
Car(s)
R19
I'm still asking what the heck is with all the dorsal fins we're still seeing. I thought those were banned. The McLaren has a very tiny one, Williams, Ferrari and some others have a 'medium' sized one, but Red Bull's is almost as long as those cars without F-ducts last year...

Anyway the cars seem a lot sleeker for some reason, when compared to those odd looking things we got in 2009. I think the rear wings look lower, or something, more aggressive. Let's see what they can do now...

bone

"bangle for president"
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
that car looks so basic, as they were afraid to bend the rules just a little bit...

Goondu86

I'm probably the only one who likes all of the new cars so far, inclusive of the 4 Lotus cars. <_<

*hides from the other Ferrari fans*

ahpadt

Forum Addict
I'm still asking what the heck is with all the dorsal fins we're still seeing. I thought those were banned. The McLaren has a very tiny one, Williams, Ferrari and some others have a 'medium' sized one, but Red Bull's is almost as long as those cars without F-ducts last year...

Anyway the cars seem a lot sleeker for some reason, when compared to those odd looking things we got in 2009. I think the rear wings look lower, or something, more aggressive. Let's see what they can do now...
The fins are banned from being 'connected' with the rear wing, nothing else.

Mercury

Car(s)
VW Golf GTI MKV
I really hope they're trying to hide everything cause if this is the car it's all very wrong for Virgin.... "Think outside the box" seems like a good new motto for them :p

MOTORLOON1993

I like the deep undercut on the sidepods thats kinda it...... I would Laugh if it turned up at the next test to reveal its plasma fireball exhuast and afterburner diffuser at the rear.