2011 Car Launches Thread

WillDAQ

a moving rear wing thats also being diffused? think about what that would do?
The diffuser is a part of the car, one which is going to see some radical changes this coming year.

they didnt say you couldnt diffuse the FRONT wing. i know it sounds extreme but this IS F1 we are talking about.
Can I be really annoying and just say "no, that ain't gonna happen" with no written justification?

ahpadt

Forum Addict
The diffuser is a part of the car, one which is going to see some radical changes this coming year.

Radical meaning back to how they used to be before someone got a bright idea for their 2009 car...(?)

Last edited:

ahpadt

Forum Addict
I think he means that it's not just the ban on double diffusers, it's also the overall maximum diffuser height being lowered slightly. At least there was talk of this measure some time during this season.

Ah, yes, that is correct.

WillDAQ

lol, no, thats the point of this thread thing, please, present your argument! ;)

Well apart from the obvious issues relating to the banning of driver induced aero this year and the impracticality of ducting air forwards, the front wing isn't a major contributor to drag like the rear wing. If you stalled the front wing you'd just have more air hitting the wheels, giving little net improvement.

settler

Car(s)
VW Corrado VR6
formula1.com said:
HRT have announced they plan to unveil the F111 at the final pre-season session in Bahrain from March 3-6

Also Toro Rosso will use Ferrari KERS, which they tested already back in 2009.

SchumacherM

Car(s)
Fiat Stilo 1.8 16V
Oh come on, even the F11 sounds beter. There was the F2008, then the F60 ( good name ), then the F10 and now they've shoved a 5 in there. The fuck?

Last edited:

Gman333-X-ferrari

Car(s)
Holden Cruze SRi Z-Series, Honda CBR250RR
Oh come on, even the F11 sounds beter. There was the F2008, then the F60 ( good name ), then the F10 and now they've shoved a 5 in there. The fuck?

Yeah, I'd like them to have an ordered naming scheme too. But with how they're naming the cars now, at least some names have a meaning behind them (e.g. F60 - Ferrari's 60 year anniversary etc.), which is good. My least favourite names are F2007, F2008 and the like because it's so unimaginative.

SchumacherM

Car(s)
Fiat Stilo 1.8 16V
Not really, if you just glance over a list of all their cars it seems more like random numbers...

ahpadt

Forum Addict
[video=youtube;NM04-CoOIMs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM04-CoOIMs&feature=player_embedded#at=88[/video]

Last edited:

Gman333-X-ferrari

Car(s)
Holden Cruze SRi Z-Series, Honda CBR250RR
According to sources on F1 technical, Ferrari will use the nose and diffuser of the F10 at the car launch tomorrow. They won't show the new car with all the new parts until the actual test on the 1st of February.