2011 Car Launches Thread

Conservative but good looking. The paint job on the back of the rear wing looks great

Other technical info from the presentation:
-The engineers said that the front wing is the old 2010 one, but the rear wing is 2011 spec, but both will change very much during the testing.
-The nose and the driver's seat are now higher, and consequently the airbox is higher too.
-KERS is now smaller and lighter.
-Engineers worked hard on improving fuel consumption.

looks pretty good.

Evolution rather than Revolution... don't expect it to look like that on the grid.

looks pretty good.

Looks the same as last years. :p

The final nose will have to be pretty close to the one they showed because it has to align with the tub. The rear end looks a fair bit tighter than last years aswell:

ferrari_f10_4.jpg

7.jpg

This is also a very good read for the tech interested: http://scarbsf1.wordpress.com/2011/01/27/2011-trends-and-solutions/

Last edited:
Looks the same as last years. :p

Pretty much so. I kind of liked last year's design as well. Really dig the red & white colour combo : )

Sidepods look similar to those of last year's McLaren.

And aren't wheels like that banned this year? They have some new idea or just couldn't be bothered to find newer set in their garage? :p

They're not necessarily banned, but they have to be modified to comply with the new regulations about spoke width and total covered area.

Yeah, but aren't these new rules in effect ban wheels like that? I thought they are so strict that the only way are wheels without any discs or rings.

Closer look:

just dont see that happening, i mean if Chevy or Kia tried to use my name plate on a "racecar" i would sue like mad but if Ferrari uses it then im gonna send them some trucks! Support it, lol

I don't see it happening either.

Yeah, but aren't these new rules in effect ban wheels like that? I thought they are so strict that the only way are wheels without any discs or rings.

Closer look:

That's what I was thinking when I saw them. They could just be for show though?

The more I look at the F150, the more it reminds of the F300, F399, and F2000; with the high nose and squared sided pods.

why isn't there a seperate thread for this car? once mclaren and mercedes release their, this thread is gonna be a mess!
i think each car should get it's own thread...

why isn't there a seperate thread for this car? once mclaren and mercedes release their, this thread is gonna be a mess!
i think each car should get it's own thread...

We haven't had a single problem is past years with a single thread, so I don't see why we would need multiple threads this year.

I think it would be a mess if we had a separate thread for each car.

Last edited:
Frankly I don't think the interest is there to make a thread for each car.

Indeed. The HRT thread would have one post in it.

It'll be easy to find their launch in this thread, it'll be the last post and be sometime around the start of Bahrain qualifying.

As for the Ferrari, probably the only thing you can take from the photos is the size of the side pods is pretty good with the addition of kers. Everything else is going to change, wings always change before the start, no ways they are going to show off their diffuser in a nice photogenic atmosphere, the engineers say their rear suspension will also be receiving a radical upgrade which will allow a tighter rear end package and thus change the shape....