2011 Car Launches Thread

For the last two years RB have missed the first test, this year they have expressed their intention of rolling the car out at the first test attended by all teams. So the most likely date is Jan 31st at Valencia alongside all the teams that roll out their new cars straight away.

Merc and Williams, I guess, should launch at the same time.

HRT? Probably first practice in Bahrain. :lol:

Renault Jan 31st? They have their livery ready? I thought they didn't even know what they're named yet...

The only thing they look for in drivers is money. Says it all.

They have a deal with Williams for gearboxes, but God knows how they'll adapt their car to be able to fit it.

Last edited:
Should be good, expect at least a couple of the cars to look v. unusual even if those designs don't make it into the actual season.

Should be good, expect at least a couple of the cars to look v. unusual even if those designs don't make it into the actual season.

Yeah I agree, I definitely think that someone is going to develop something left of field like the f-ducts last year or the double diffusers the year before, which should be interesting.

And I have a sneaking suspicion that it's going to be either Renault or McLaren. Especially McLaren as they're launching their proper car after the first test... :hmm:

I read about Ferrari talking the talk aswell. Question is, who can walk the walk? ;)

The only thing they look for in drivers is money. Says it all.

They have a deal with Williams for gearboxes, but God knows how they'll adapt their car to be able to fit it.

It says that they need money to pay for the bills. If they didn't want to be in F1 they wouldn't be there, the fact that they have pay drivers shows how much they want to be there.

I remember an interview, where someone from McLaren (maybe it was Whitmarsh) who said they have couple ideas like DDD and f-duct. So we can be quite sure that MP4-26 will have some interesting stuff. I also hope that other teams can bring their innovations too. Ideas like that are one of my favourite things in F1.

I definitely think that someone is going to develop something left of field like the f-ducts last year or the double diffusers the year before, which should be interesting.

I already know what one of the changes will be, however sadly I am not allowed to say much.

Someone said they knew someone at McLaren and supposedly they've made a super compact (the word aggressive was used) gearbox which will change the rear-end completely.

EDIT: McLaren will definitively have egg on their face if they end up not having anything new/innovative, having been the loudest about their new car in the media.

Last edited: