2011 Car Launches Thread

^he will have to fart on the straights?

They'll feed them a lot of beans before the race so they have fart fuel.

At high-speed tracks they'll be able to light their farts via a button on the steering wheel as an afterburner.

Correct me if I'm wrong but with the KERS returning and the moving rear wings I though the Double Decked Diffusers and F-Ducts were scrapped?
I don't know if they're banned in the rules but I think the teams agreed to get rig of the two?

Correct me if I'm wrong but with the KERS returning and the moving rear wings I though the Double Decked Diffusers and F-Ducts were scrapped?
I don't know if they're banned in the rules but I think the teams agreed to get rig of the two?

Yes they are. Both by teams' agreement and by the final written technical regulations.

Yes they are. Both by teams' agreement and by the final written technical regulations.

So is the EBD with the rules being an exhaust outlet has to be at a certain height, right ?

They can lead the exhaust on top of the diffuser only, in 2011. Last year they all made holes in diffuser so they could lead it underneath the diffuser aswell which obviously gives a lot more effect than just doing it on top.

Last edited:
So which teams do you guys think will use KERS this year?

Ferrari, McLaren, Red Bull, Renault, Mercedes, Force India (possibly, not sure) and Williams.

Those would be my guess.

I thought FOTA agreed not to use KERS. Just imagine if HRT gained a huge advantage.

Yes, for 2010. Pay attention. :p

Merc GP news (stole the quote from somewhere):

A long process indeed but we are now reaching the final straight with the MGP W02 and look forward to sharing our new design with our fans. ?We have probably tested five different versions this year but we are now ready to apply the final livery to the first 2011 car.? The Silver Arrows legend lives on?

Last edited:
yea, im betting that mercedes has some kind of F-duct thing. remember, its not IF you break the rules but how good you are at it and, in the case of formula 1, how well you can BEND the rules or find the holes. mercedes seems to be good at finding the holes.

yea, im betting that mercedes has some kind of F-duct thing. remember, its not IF you break the rules but how good you are at it and, in the case of formula 1, how well you can BEND the rules or find the holes. mercedes seems to be good at finding the holes.

since the rules state there can be no connection between the sharkfin and the rear spoiler, F-duct will be hard to achieve, but i'm sure someone will find a clever solution for the double diffusor!

No F-duct, what would be the point when the rear wing can move?

Diffuser however is where it's at.

Passive non-driver-operated F-duct-type systems haven't been banned though, as far as I'm aware it's explicitly "driver-operated" systems which are outlawed. And Merc's complicated routing F-duct system was never driver-operated, so it is probably still legal.

I think what he meant was that a team - like for example Mercedes - will likely come up with something new we haven't seen before like what we saw in the 'F-duct' last year.

Connecting the shark fin and rear wing will be banned in 2011 anyway so you would get extremely little effect even if you tried, routing it differently like Mercedes did.

Also, it's agreed between FOTA that no team will be doing a DDD/elaborate diffuser.

Last edited:
since the rules state there can be no connection between the sharkfin and the rear spoiler, F-duct will be hard to achieve, but i'm sure someone will find a clever solution for the double diffusor!

and thats why we watch F1 (well, one of the reasons! lol)

No F-duct, what would be the point when the rear wing can move?

Diffuser however is where it's at.

a moving rear wing thats also being diffused? think about what that would do?

I think what he meant was that a team - like for example Mercedes - will likely come up with something new we haven't seen before like what we saw in the 'F-duct' last year.

Connecting the shark fin and rear wing will be banned in 2011 anyway so you would get extremely little effect even if you tried, routing it differently like Mercedes did.

Also, it's agreed between FOTA that no team will be doing a DDD/elaborate diffuser.

but, and i wouldnt be surprised if it isnt being tried by someone, they didnt say you couldnt diffuse the FRONT wing. i know it sounds extreme but this IS F1 we are talking about.